Group:  Microsoft Word » microsoft.public.word.tables

Geek News

Threads Replies Last Post
87 Pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  17  18  19  20  21  22  23  24  25  26  27  28  29  30  >>  
table/numbering/format problem
I have created a macro (with code shown below) that prompts me for a prefix letter A, B, C (or whatever you want to put) and then a prompt that asks which number to begin the numbering with. I usually use this macro in a table format. It has always worked out great until now. For some reason when I run the macro, there is a line after the value, i.e., C1____, C2______ It has always c...
1 6/14/2007 1:41:01 PM
Problem printing embedded Excel tables in Word
I have copied a small table from Excel into Word using copy and paste special. It looks fine on screen but when I print the Word document the table prints in black and white and not in colour as it should. I have tried all of the paste special options and none seem to make any difference. I am using Word 2002. Any help or suggestions would be most appreciated....
5 6/14/2007 12:18:01 PM
Wrapping Embedded Excel Tables in Word
Have embedded Excel table inserted in Word. However with a table of over 60 lines, it cuts off at the bottom in stead of jumping to the next page. What are the required settings to continue the rest of the table onto the next page. Found a solution by reducing the size; but that is not an option as the data, when printed becomes too small. Your help would be VERY appreciated. Thx...
4 6/14/2007 12:03:33 PM
substraction calculation
I have to create a table with ruled columns, input the subjects then use the subtraction formula to find the book value. I also have to do a division and multiplication calculation. If anyone can help it would be much appreciated. Thank you...
2 6/14/2007 4:19:57 AM
Paste text in a table
I have text from a table of contents which I want to paste into a table. Problem is I want each table of contents entry to appear in separate cells but when I try to paste it pastes the whole thing in one cell. I have tried converting the table of contents to text but this does not help. Any ideas?...
3 6/14/2007 3:05:00 AM
WORD TABLES
Word does not continue a table heading if I insert a hard page break. This is frustrating as I may only have half a page of text in a table and I have to enter down to the next page - not very professional. Could you please tell me what other way is there to continue with my table heading instead of hitting the enter key, which sometimes can be quite a few times. I look forward to y...
3 6/13/2007 10:30:02 PM
Table row and column pointers missing in protected document
If you add a table to an editable range of a protected (read-only) document and rest the pointer on a row or column boundary the mouse pointers does not change to the 'resize' pointer as it would in an unprotected document. I know its possible to use the rulers or the table property dialog to make adjustments instead but it really is inconvenient to lose this intuitive functionality. I ...
2 6/13/2007 7:02:07 PM
Can't change column width with mouse
Now and then I find that I cannot change a column width by dragging its border. As I drag everything appears to be working, but when I release the mouse button it snaps back to the original width. I cannot figure out the cause, any ideas? Word 2003 Thanks, -- Peter Aitken...
5 6/13/2007 6:26:38 PM
How do I stop Word forcing a break in my table?
I have a table in a MS Word 2002 SP 3 document which I would like to have as a continuous table. For some reason Word keeps breaking my table and starting a new one after row 28, on page 2 which is largely blank. The next table that Word puts the rest of it in has 40+ rows, and starts on page 3. What could be causing Word to force a new table? I've checked Show/Hide for...
4 6/13/2007 8:33:40 AM
text and background of row turns blue during typing
Could someone please tell me which feature to adjust? On a blank screen, I can type without my text and background changing color. When I type enter or edit text in a table, the text and background of the row turns bluer and bluer until I have to stop typing and click the cursor into another cell to let it go back to normal. I do not remember this occuring in any previous version of...
2 6/12/2007 11:55:14 PM
How do I create a text table in word which overlaps a vertical col
I'm currently struggling to do the above thing! Basically, I have created a column in the left hand of the word document which goes from top to bottom of page is about 2 inches wide. I want to now overlap it with a text box which should overlap it by a centimeter and shall fall relatively in the top center of the page. The size of this box is about 3X2inches. The problem is that Wor...
2 6/12/2007 10:23:03 PM
Calcuation fields in Tables
HI, need to tap on your expertise for a second. Word 2003 Form. • Have two columns of dollar amounts in a Word Table. These are each bookmarked with an unique name from within the form field properties dialog box. • Each column ends with a calculation field summing the total of the column (done referencing each of the unique bookmarks above. The first column summary field is book...
4 6/12/2007 7:40:02 PM
How do I add the #'s in a row or column of a table?
In Word 07, how do I add the numbers that are set forth in a row or column of a table? ...
2 6/12/2007 10:56:08 AM
delete table, keep content in Word 2000
I am updating my brother's resume and he used a Word template initially, which used tables. I have finally gotten rid of all shading and borders and cells, but am now stuck with one big column...and I cannot get rid of it! Any quick and easy answer?...
2 6/12/2007 8:27:14 AM
Extra Page
Hi, I have a 3-column table that extends to the bottom of the 2nd page. Problem is there is a 2nd page with nothing on it but the header. I've back spaced and used the delete key to try to remove anything that may be hanging onto the 3rd page but there appears to be nothing there. But for some reason I can't get rid of the blank 3rd page. Any help will be greatly appreciated. KP...
2 6/12/2007 4:15:40 AM
Putting Table of Contents into Table Cells
Is there any way for me to change a table of contents so that each entry in the TOC goes into a different cell in a table? Currently the best I can do is get the whole TOC to appear in one cell or otherwise manually paste the TOC titles into the cells. ...
8 6/12/2007 2:21:01 AM
Border error message regarding pt size
I'm trying to format borders in a table and the error messge "The measurement must be between 1 pt and 31 pt" appears. I've changed the pt size to 1 pt but it doesn't help. It's only in this one document. If I cut and paste to a new document the borders function works fine. Unfortunately, it's a huge document and I can't copy the whole thing to a new document. Anyone have experien...
4 6/11/2007 5:49:02 PM
Table at top of second column
I have a doc with two columns. The left has a 2-column table up against the top margin. The right column won't allow a table against the margin - insists of inserting a blank paragraph above it. I can turn on wrap and set absolute position to 0 below margin, but then the table doesn't accept graphics. Any solution? Thanks -- TedMi...
2 6/11/2007 4:12:03 PM
Can't select picture in table cell
When I added a picture to a table cell the default setting for text wrap was 'inline with text'. I changed this to behind text and now cannot select the picture to adjust its position. I would like to right justify the picture, but this option is only active after text-wrapping has been applied. The picture cannot usually then be selected, unless it extends outside the cell. If it overlap...
3 6/11/2007 11:35:02 AM
Strikethrough does not appear same in 2 different lines
I am trying to save a document in Save as WebPage.The file contains table. In that table, text in 2 rows are Strikethrough. When I open the file in Browser, Strikethrough does not appear same although font is same for both rows. I just wonder where I am wrong and how to solve the issue? Is this a bug ?...
3 6/11/2007 1:38:00 AM
Document is fine in print preview, once printed one cell is blank
I have one continuous table on a page and it is split into two columns. It looks fine in print preview, but when I print the page, the cell on the top right column is completely blank. Everything else in the document prints except that one cell. I've tried deleting the cell and starting from scratch but it doesn't help. Please help. Thank you....
2 6/10/2007 8:55:02 AM
TOC with wordcount/bookmark not pagenumber
hello every one How could I make a TOC with something else in place of the page number. I want to put a calculated figure where page number appears. something like word count. Any help will be appreciated. thanx ahmed...
2 6/10/2007 12:01:38 AM
word
I had a STROKE and it is very hard for me to answer you back....
2 6/9/2007 6:09:52 AM
how to fill in sheet of labels after creating only one?
I have Word 2007, created 1 business card and now want to fill in the rest of the cards on the sheet. Cannot cut and paste because I created several text boxes within the card and would have to move each piece. Does anyone know how to automatically get the one card to fill into all the blank cards? Thank you in advance Marianne...
2 6/9/2007 1:55:04 AM
Is there a way to merge 2 tables into one?
I would like to merge or combine 2 tables into one. THe left of one table will border on the right-side of the other, so that they are side by side. THey are not the same height. I am on 2003. Thanks! ...
4 6/8/2007 6:56:01 PM
87 Pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  17  18  19  20  21  22  23  24  25  26  27  28  29  30  >>  

Home | Search | Terms | Imprint Contact
Newsgroups Reader - provided by WiredBox.Net