Group:  Microsoft Word » microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields

Geek News

Threads Replies Last Post
168 Pages: <<  74  75  76  77  78  79  80  81  82  83  84  85  86  87  88  89  90  91  92  93  94  95  96  97  98  99  100  101  102  103  >>  
Merge field punctuation
Is there any way to display punctuation after a merge field depending on whether or not there is any data in that field? For instance, I have a sentence that includes an Address1 field and an Address 2 field. I have a comma between the two address fields. If some of the records that merge do not contain a second address, I don't need the comma that prints after the first address. Is this...
2 6/23/2006 5:42:32 PM
Mail Merge saga
Working in Word 2002. I have an Access Table sorted by Vendor Number (key). Each Vendor has 1 to many Divisions. I need to create a Mail Merge that will print as follows.... NOTE <equals Access Fields> <VendorName> <Address1> <Address2> <City>, <State> <Zip> A paragrah of misc Text.......... Here's where I need to bring in the Division(...
2 6/23/2006 5:37:40 PM
FAQ - Frequently Aske Questions - please read before posting - unofficial June posting
FAQ = Frequently Asked Questions - unofficial This FAQ is posted weekly.- more or less Please save yourself some time by reading it before posting to the news group. --- BEFORE POSTING ANYTHING PLEASE READ THESE --- http://www.mvps.org/word/FindHelp/Posting.htm http://www.dts-l.org/goodpost.htm http://users.tpg.com.au/bzyhjr/liszt.html Reading these articles will h...
2 6/23/2006 4:17:28 PM
Tools: mail merge, showing dozens
In word, when I click onto Tools, the mail merge is listed too many times. How do I keep this from happening? ...
2 6/23/2006 2:37:41 PM
HDI print one address per sheet in a label mail merge?
When printing labels from a mail merge, is there a way to print only one address per sheet?...
2 6/23/2006 3:37:45 AM
Mail Merge - Not all records will print
I have a directory that has 45 records...Only 23 will print....
5 6/22/2006 8:32:01 PM
how do i print data source of mail merge-word 2003
I am trying to print the data source of my mail merge in Word 2003 and can't seem to get it to work. It was so easy in Word 2000.. Hopefully someone can tell me how to print it....
2 6/22/2006 8:23:46 PM
Word Doc Mail Merge with hyperlink, images and text boxes
I created a word document that has a picture/logo, text box & a hyperlink for replying to our business. When I view the image in word, it looks perfect. When I send via mail merge to various email addresses, the quality of the fonts & images become quite poor. I also had the issue of when I view the "sent message" the text is stripped out. But it seems that all the recipients recei...
2 6/22/2006 6:26:46 PM
How to Have Template Doc Default Save Format To .doc
Hi Folks, We need users to open a Template document (.dot extension) (that also does a mail merge,) and then when they hit the save button, it will default to save a copy to their own directory, with a .doc extension. Is this possible? Background: We don't want users saving their changes to the original template, and we're trying to solve a sharing violations issue where only one pers...
3 6/22/2006 6:01:01 PM
data won't print
I have a user who created a mail list for a merge. Word saved it to a .mdb file by default. When we try to do the merge to Avery 5160 labels, the labels appear on the page saying "next record." When printed out, the labels say "next record." I tinkered with it by highlighting 'next record' in the first label and got the data to appear, but wrong: "NexJohn Smith 21 Main St Town...
2 6/22/2006 12:51:26 PM
using conditional merge, how do I not merge blank records...
Hi all, I am creating a word mail merge from an excel data source. Using an IF field I want to check whether column K (winner_700) contains data and if so, to enter data from a different column (Entrants_Forename). If it has no data in column K, then I want the record to be ignored so it does not produce a merged document. So far I have constructed the following IF statement. ...
2 6/22/2006 12:49:45 PM
Multiple "OR" statements in a single "IF" statement
I've got a document that would be MUCH easier if I could just do something like {IF { MERGEFIELD FieldName} = "A" or "B" or "C" or "D" then "Print this text" otherwise "print this text"} - I've seen some pretty complex nested IF statements. Is there an easier way to do this? Maybe Microsoft could help enhance this capability in the future. Any thoughts? ...
1 6/22/2006 11:39:04 AM
Unable to view Mail merges ...
> My wife is a member of a Windows XP workgroup . She is continually > creating > mail merges and sending the mail onto everyone in the workgroup. She > tried > to send a mail merge recently but was warned that it was unsafe to send the > information. She asked for the mail merge to be sent anyway. All the > recipients received the mail merge but were unable to ope...
2 6/22/2006 7:37:03 AM
Merge Doc: How to Share Without Getting Busy Message
We have legal documents that must be shared by many users. They are also Mail Merge documents. Whenever more than one person tries to access these documents at one time, we get busy messages. Is there any way to avoid this problem so a few people can merge and print simultaneously? Thanks MUCH for the assistance. Kind regards, Cole ...
6 6/22/2006 4:15:21 AM
Section Break in Merging
In Word 2000 I seem to recall that when I did a letter merge, a Continuous Section Break was inserted between the items. In 2002 it now seems to be a Next Page Break. Is there a way to change this back to Continuous? ...
2 6/22/2006 3:50:26 AM
mail merge
We recently switched over to 2003. I would like to print envelopes from a prevously merged word document. Do I need to merge the already merged word document into a new merge to print envelopes or do I need to begin a new merge from the original data source (excel)? I know there has to be an easy way to do this. Thanks....
2 6/21/2006 5:06:05 PM
Using IF with MERGEFIELD
Hi there I'm having problems trying to do the following: I have 4 fields, each with a 0 or 1, I want to be able to add these fields together and base the output on if the total is >= 3. First I started with adding them together: { «MG_Q1»+«MG_Q2»+«MG_Q3»+«MG_Q4» } output: 0+1+1+1 I them made this in to a SUM: { =«MG_Q1»+«MG_Q2»+«MG_Q3»+«MG_Q4» } output: 3 So far so g...
3 6/21/2006 3:17:55 PM
How do you merge a field as a percentage?
Help - I noticed there was information provided earlier, however I have found this unhelpful. When I merge a percentage it is coming across as a decimal, I have tried the DDE option and this has not worked. Look forward to your response...
9 6/21/2006 11:16:44 AM
How do I globally change all caps to lower case w/lst letter cap?
I have an Excel file with data in all caps. Would like to use it fora mail merge, but don't want the text to come out in caps. Prefer lst letter capitalized with the rest of each word in lower case. Tried opening the file in Word and using Autocorrect, but no, doesn't work....
3 6/21/2006 10:09:37 AM
What is the correct syntax to format merged fields?
When adding fields to a merge document, Microsoft Office Online suggests using switches {MergeAmount /# $#,###.00} to format the number into the way I want to display it. Whenever I enter this in my merge field in the document, the field <<Amount>> does not get formatted. How do I get the merge field to accept the formatting? ...
2 6/21/2006 5:21:36 AM
Create Date field
When I use the create date field on the first page of my letter it works fine, when I put it in the header for the remainder of the document it updates. How can I get the create date field to NOT update to the current date in the header? thanks...
8 6/21/2006 3:52:42 AM
MS Word merging data into a single document from Database
I'm a Newb at this. Here's my problem: I need a way to put data from a single row of information from a SQL server database into a single page of a Word Document. This data is selective (i.e., the information doesn't go into a table). Moreover, I need to dynamically link with the database to print out these single word docs one at a time, as needed. For instance: say I have product no. ...
2 6/21/2006 3:45:36 AM
Data Source Location Change
I have a word merge (word 2002) linked to an excel file (data source) with a macro. I need to change the location of the data source. When I do this some of the formatting changes in the merge doc. For example; several field in the data source are currency formated to two decimal places. Works great as long as I do not change the data source location. Once I change the data source locati...
5 6/20/2006 11:30:16 PM
Problem Merging witn Nested Conditions
I have a mail merge document containing the following: { IF { MERGEFIELD ExpirationDate } <> "" { IF { MERGEFIELD ExpirationDate \@ "yyyyMMdd" } < { DATE \@ "yyyyMMdd" } "Your insurance expired on { MERGEFIELD ExpirationDate }.<Enter> " "{ IF { MERGEFIELD Amount } <> "" "Your insurance limit is { MERGEFIELD Amount }.<Enter> " }}} where <Enter> is hitt...
3 6/20/2006 9:09:53 PM
Need to change the default email address
I need to send an email mail merge from a different email account (no my default Outlook email account). This email account belongs to a shared mailbox, is there a way to do thi?...
2 6/20/2006 8:57:32 PM
168 Pages: <<  74  75  76  77  78  79  80  81  82  83  84  85  86  87  88  89  90  91  92  93  94  95  96  97  98  99  100  101  102  103  >>  

Home | Search | Terms | Imprint Contact
Newsgroups Reader - provided by WiredBox.Net