Group:  Microsoft Word ยป microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields

Geek News

Threads Replies Last Post
168 Pages: <<  45  46  47  48  49  50  51  52  53  54  55  56  57  58  59  60  61  62  63  64  65  66  67  68  69  70  71  72  73  74  >>  
Replacing text with Merge Fields in Word
I am attempting to convert a plain text document that contains certain variables as delimited by the "@" or other user specified delimiters and I can't seem to get the merge fields to position themselves in the proper location. What currently happens is that the variables are successfully removed, but the merge fields are all placed at the end of the document. Also, any merge fields that ha...
6 9/30/2006 8:41:24 AM
leave a blank line when merging
Using Excel XP and Word XP, how can I force a blank line when there is no data? ie, i want to leave a line for a user to pencil-in data where none exists in the database. -- haf...
4 9/29/2006 5:04:55 PM
How do I merge three items on a page. It always skips #4 in sheet
I created a document in word which consists of 3 coupons on a page with merge fields on each. Upon merging with an excel spreadsheet it drops every third record. What am I doing wrong....
2 9/29/2006 4:01:00 PM
MailMerge>ElectonicMail>MailAsAttach + default body of e-mail
Hey, Is this possible to customize the body* of the e-mail if the merge mail is done in the attachement? Sub SendEmail() With ActiveDocument.MailMerge .Destination = wdSendToEmail .MailAddressFieldName = "Email" .MailAsAttachment = True .MailFormat = wdMailFormatHTML .MailSubject = "EmailTest" *.HTMLBody= "Blablabla" or Body= "Bl...
2 9/29/2006 1:43:16 PM
how can I import photos into a Word document using Mail Merge?
I have a directory of photos that I'd like to import, in sequence into a Word Document along with other data that I can import using Mail Merge. Any suggestions?...
2 9/29/2006 9:55:58 AM
How can I automate removal of zero value entries in mail merge?
I have made an Excel sheet with data pulled from other sheets. Some of the entries have "0's" on them, which is fine in Excel, but I don't need to print out Envelopes with "0's" on them in Mail Merge. I know how to manually filter them out in Word during the select recipients part, but is there a way that I can automate this. I have set my Excel sheet as a template because the data is...
4 9/29/2006 9:01:16 AM
Labels do not align when printing
Hi I am attempting to print addresses on a set of labels using mail merge document. The labels should appear as 2 columns containing 7 rows for each A4 page (One of the default templates when you go through the mail merge wizard). Whe I print the mail merge I find that by the 3rd row the labels on the paper no longer align correctly with the so an address appears betweeen 2 labels...
5 9/29/2006 8:49:49 AM
how do I transfer address list from one computer to another?
I created a address list on my laptop, but now want to transfer/copy it to a my office computer so that I can print faster and better quality. Is this possible? Is there a way to email it, or export it through e-mail? If so, what are the steps? ...
2 9/28/2006 9:47:50 PM
Requiring printer to use envelope
I am trying to print envelopes from Access. My boss insists that there is some way to generically tell the printer to use an envelope, either by pulling it from the envelope tray or telling the operator to insert one. I have not been able to do this with the Access Report function. I can use mail merge to print an envelope in Word from Access using VBA, but I don't know how to get my...
4 9/28/2006 9:24:16 PM
Mail Merge how do you leave a blank line for items with no value?
I am trying to merge an Excel data source using mail merge. The output should be 8 lines each, even if there is no value in the data fields. How do we leave a blank line for data items with no value...
2 9/28/2006 5:10:35 PM
merging blank cells from excel to word i want them to stay blank n
I am creating a membership roster which denotes education attainment by abbreviations. Where the course has not been taken, I want to show a blank. When I mail merge from Excel XP to Word XP, some blank fields remain blank, some come over as 0. -- haf...
2 9/28/2006 5:08:50 PM
Email merge using word 2000
The sofware im using is all office 2000 I have a Excel file with email address and various other pieces of information ie name. I want to merge these into various emails, one to each address with different information inside. I cannot work out how to do this, does anyone know of a good guide? Or can you give me some ideas to play around with. The end product will be 190 emails to sepera...
5 9/28/2006 5:05:35 PM
Mail Merge
I have trouble with mail merge. For some reason when I try to save my data it saves it in a file that is hard to read- like if it's incripted or something. What did I do wrong? -- Michele...
2 9/28/2006 5:04:16 PM
DDE error
I am using Office 2000 with forms created in Word (mail merge codes) utilizing Excel 2000 for my database. Recenly we have begun to experience a disconnet with the DDE associations to the database in Excel. The forms open fine and work fine until you want to close them. At that point the form file takes an extended amount of time to close, an error box pops up asking if I want to cont...
4 9/28/2006 4:59:04 PM
How to print merge records on one page
I am using Word 2002/Excel to create a directory of students. Instead of printing one list -- it prints each student on a separate page. PLEASE help....
5 9/28/2006 1:54:02 PM
combine form and catalog
I am trying to build a booklet using data from an excel file for a training program. I would like it to be: title, TOC, one page for each class and a listing of the classes included in a registration form. So the merge data would be going to both the "class section" and the registration form. So I want a page break after each class page but I don't want to repeat the title and TOC. Then ...
3 9/28/2006 12:16:03 PM
Winword 2003 on MS Server 2003 keeps losing data source.
Background Many years ago we developed a Parking enforcement system. This has been in the market place for over eight years and the functionality described below has not been modified for many years. The system makes extensive use of 'automated' Mail Merges using a template document and a text based header file/data source. Problem Recently we have found a proble...
5 9/28/2006 10:33:01 AM
I want an excel datas to a letter in word for each employes
Dear Friends, I am novice in mail merge. So, Pls help me to figure out with an attached file(if possible) with description of all steps.I want an excel datas to a letter of employes salary in word for each employes as mail merge. Thanks in Advance. Nazmul Haque. -- rony4icab ------------------------------------------------------------------------ rony4icab's Profile: http://www....
2 9/28/2006 9:41:59 AM
I am unable to print envelopes. Other items print.
I insert the addresses and send to the printer. The printer reacts as if it were printing the envelope, but it comes out blank. The printer prints all other Word documents with no problems. The problem is only with the envelopes. I have tried to fins a default setting for the envelopes, but no luck. eg...
2 9/28/2006 5:23:03 AM
Mail Merge to Fax for Contacts w/o Email Addresses
Hi, We used to do mail merges using a computer running Outlook 2003 connected to Exchange with Word 2003. Any contact that didn't have an email address, received the "email" as a fax automatically using the internal modem. The hard drive crashed and no one can find any fax software here, and the rebuilt computer won't send the faxes using the internal modem during the mail merge, just ...
3 9/28/2006 3:00:34 AM
Lost comment highlighting after merge with Excel (Office 2000)
I have an elaborate merge set up that uses information entered in an Excel spreadsheet as the data source. In the Word main mail merge document, there are several comments. After the merge, in the new document, the comments still exist but they are not highlighted. You have to "Show Comments." My users are not sophisticated Word users so I wanted a toolbar macro button to show the co...
2 9/29/2006 10:28:08 AM
Making a catalogue
I have a listing of books in an Excel spreadsheet. Everything works fine in Word 2000 and Excel 2000 but not if I move to my newer computer with Word 2003 and Excel 2003. The master document is a Word table and it is designed to select only some of the fields from the spreadsheet. If I select to use the DDE connection to the spreadsheet Word does not find the data document - the process...
6 9/30/2006 2:28:15 PM
Word unable to open data scource
I cannot complete a "mailmerge" The document is in "Word" and the (new) data scource is "Excel" I keep getting the message " Word unable to open data scource"...
3 9/30/2006 4:04:01 PM
Word XP Mail Merge No Addresses in Preview
I have years of experience in doing an envelope mail merge with Office 2000. It was so simple...but with Office XP it is a nightmare and I don't know why? It seems like everything is fine but when I get to the screen to preview my envelopes before printing I see a blank envelope with only a return address. I have tried using my list from excel and by pasting the excel chart into a wor...
3 9/30/2006 6:32:02 PM
Problems with mail merge - dde not working
Up to 1 month ago I used to successfully mail merge from Excel to MS Word in Office 2000. Suddenly when I try to merge the MS Word application freezes. I know there is no corruption with files as I can open the Excel file but when it comes to merging in MS Word, suddenly I cannot do anything. -- ad...
5 9/27/2006 9:10:02 PM
168 Pages: <<  45  46  47  48  49  50  51  52  53  54  55  56  57  58  59  60  61  62  63  64  65  66  67  68  69  70  71  72  73  74  >>  

Home | Search | Terms | Imprint Contact
Newsgroups Reader - provided by WiredBox.Net