Group:  Microsoft Outlook » microsoft.public.outlook.program_vba

Geek News

Threads Replies Last Post
119 Pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  17  18  19  20  21  22  23  24  25  26  27  28  29  30  >>  
Macro not working under Vista
I've got a macro that saves emails as a text file. This was cobbled together from various online sources with some small modifications since I know very little about Visual Basic. In any event, I've been using this macro for years with Outlook 2003 and 2007 under XP. I'm now trying to use it with Outlook 2007 under Vista, and it doesn't work. All that happens is the warning about acc...
5 1/1/2009 12:06:01 AM
Create macro in Outlook 2007
I would like to create a macro under a button in Outlook 2007 so I can select an appointment in my calendar, then have the macro do these things to the selected appointment: 1) Show the time as "free", 2) Set reminder to "None", 3) Categorize as "Personal", and 4) Make Private. Would someone please post the VBA code I would need to use to accomplish this task? Thanks in advance, Bra...
4 12/31/2008 5:17:01 PM
Can I disable Outlook warning from Excel macro "Send" method
I have an Excel macro that sends e-mails via Outlook, using the VBA "Send Method." For each message sent, Outlook displays a warning requiring a "Yes" response. Is there a way, either in Outlook or in the Excel macro, to generate an automatic reply to these messages?...
7 12/31/2008 3:52:07 PM
outlook 2007 - unable to modify rule condition via program
Hello everybody, I'm unable to make the following code works, the line "oRule.Conditions.OnLocalMachine.Enabled = False" always produce this message: "execution error '-9707964987 (c6204005)': invalid operation. Unable to activate this rule action because the rule is readonly, is invalid for this rule kind or conflicts with another rule action"" (please take into account that since I'm...
4 12/31/2008 2:28:49 PM
moving emails to folders based on sender email address
I recently ran accross an niffty utility that parsed through the inbox and moved the emails to a folder based on the senders email address under the inbox. For example an email sent by joe@junk.com would end up in a folder called joe@junk.com under the inbox. If necessary, the folder was created if it didn't exist. Does anyone have that code, or could you point me in the right direction...
2 12/31/2008 12:14:37 PM
OpenForm Action Cancelled error only when using Vista
I have an 2003 access database that works fine on Windows XP, but errors out on the docmd.openform line of code (OpenForm action was cancelled) after upgrading to Vista. Strangely enough, this is only a problem for one form, so far. All the other forms that have identical code work fine. Basically, I have the user select a record from a subform and then click on a command button (which...
3 12/30/2008 6:51:47 PM
Read fields with Redemption
When I read the folowing fields with Redemption (&H8006001E - PR_EMS_AB_HOME_MDB and &H39FE001E - PR_SMTP_ADDRESS) it returns an empty fiel, but the fields exist and have a value. Is there a problem with Redemption when reading this fields? Best regards, Joao Quaresma. ...
4 12/29/2008 11:14:52 PM
How to automate send message based on certain criteria.
Hi foiks- I was wondering how do I automate Outlook to send 2 specific dates such as Jan 25, 2009 & Feb 14, 2009, etc. Basically, I want to have OUTLOOK automatically send to my coworkers 15 days before these dates to tell them their Timesheet are due. I was thinking, the easiest way would be manually entered the two dates on the calendar and have outlook search for them??? ...
2 12/29/2008 10:16:46 AM
Use of Catagories field in Restrict statements
Would someone kindly clarify whether the Categories field can be used in Restrict statements. According to Microsoft help it can't and will cause an error. When I use it, it works fine. I've seen other comments that say the same thing and I have seen comments here that support Microsoft's help. By the way, Microsoft's help does show examples using Categories after it says you can't u...
2 12/29/2008 9:34:52 AM
Deleting item in Draft folder
Hi I am deleting folder as below; For I = oItems.Count - 1 To 0 Step -1 oItems(I).delete() End If The problem is one element is always left in Draft folder from deletion. What am I doing wrong? Thanks Regards ...
3 12/27/2008 9:42:28 PM
Outlook : Run the VBA macro on send button click
Hi Friends, Is it possible to capture the send button click event from VBA code, read the body of mail and display message box if there is no attachment attached? Thanks, Paresh...
6 12/27/2008 2:29:02 PM
Error accessing Outlook folder
Hi I am trying to access the Draft folder using the following vb.net code; Dim objOutlook As Object = CreateObject("Outlook.Application") Dim oNS As Object = objOutlook.GetNamespace("MAPI") Dim oFld As Object = objOutlook.Folder oFld = oNS.GetDefaultFolder(olfolderDrafts) Problem is I am getting a "Public member 'Folder' on type 'ApplicationClass' not found." error on the line Dim ...
2 12/27/2008 2:25:52 PM
Deleting items from draft folder
Hi I need to delete items from draft folder based on value of a user property xyz = "abc". The problems I have are; 1. How to access items in Draft folder? 2. How to select items based on condition user property xyz with value "abc"? 3. How to delete all items? Any help in achieving this would be appreciated. Thanks Regards ...
4 12/27/2008 2:22:31 PM
Outlook sometimes send rtf instead of HTML despite instructions to
One of the Outlook 2007 users in our office sometimes unintentionally sends out e-mails composed in rtf instead of HTML. Some of our mail recipients are unable to open the .dat files that are created when Outlook messages are composed in RTF format. I have tried to set the user's Outlook to send all of her e-mails only in HTML (Options, Mail Format, Compose in this message format: HTML),...
1 12/27/2008 1:35:03 AM
Outlook autocomplete corruption?
Outlook's "autocomplete" somehow got corrupted, at least with respect to one e-mail address: "nm@domainName.com", after we moved from Exchange Server 2003 to Exchange Server 2007. I deleted the .nk2 files on all of the computers in our domain, but that has not solved the problem. Even when users type out : "nm@domainName.com", Outlook's "autocomplete" somehow inserts something that c...
1 12/27/2008 1:14:01 AM
Hyperlink vs Search in Outlook
Currently, I Search Calendar Items to find recurrences of prior items (Appointment detail window), but in sending calendar items to OneNote via "Meeting Notes" I notice there is written, at the bottom of the resulting OneNote item, a hyperlink to open the original item (Appointment detail window) in Outlook. I copied this link from OneNote and pasted it into the current occurrence of th...
2 12/24/2008 2:10:30 PM
Mark Private via Code
I am automating sending emails out via Outlook from Access, but I want to set the Sensitivity of these messages to Private. Can I set that property via code?...
2 12/23/2008 5:28:51 PM
Save off attachment and start SQL stored procedure
Hello, I have programmed using VBA for Excel, Word and Access before. However, never Outlook. 1) But I need to check folders for mail from out clients. 2) If I find mail from out clients, I need to save off the attachment in a certain folder 3) Then I want to kickoff a SQL Server stored procedure Now having said that, can anyone at least point me in the right direction? Can ...
4 12/22/2008 8:47:23 PM
Sending mails from Excel 2003 - Outlook signature
Hello, Few months ago i asked ho to insert the outlook 2003 default signature to a mail sent from excel vba I was advised to use ".GetInspector" but i still cannot make it work. I get an error message saying "read only property" My code is : Sub EnvoiMailMéthodeOLE(Adresse As String, Objet As String, Corps As String, Optional Pièce As String, Optional Cc As String, Optional B...
7 12/22/2008 8:43:51 PM
remove encoded attachment from raw message
Hello! (OL 2003 SP3) I realized that the usual way to remove an attachment from a message does not remove it completely. It seems to remove the decoded attachment but not the encoded version in the raw message text. E.g. removing the attachments from a message reduces message size from 12 MB to 9 MB which is not sufficient to keep the pst file small enough in the long term. The 9 MB messag...
3 12/22/2008 4:32:27 PM
VBA Outlook 2003 - Customized rules
Hello, In my company the number of rules in outlook 2003 is limited nsince they changed the setup to have imap. I can make as many rules as i want but only about 50 will be activated. Is there a way with VBA to have my own rules, for incoming as well as for outcoming mails? Thanks ...
3 12/22/2008 9:58:48 AM
creating a macro to mark messages for follow-up & assign categorie
I have assigned several hotkeys which change the category of an email. For example Ctrl + F1 changes the category to "Test". I also mark the email as Read and mark the email for follow up. I do all these thing because I only want to use the Search Folders "For Follow Up" and "Unread Mail". So here is want I am trying to do. I want to assign a macro to my toolbar so that when I click ...
2 12/22/2008 6:42:47 AM
Bypass security popups when reading mail OL2003
Hi- I have a reader for my website email and it use to work when I had OL97 After upgrading to OL2003, I have constant security prompts for each mail message. I'm not a power programmer. Can someone help? Thanks Ken Code that reads in email messages and extracts info from them: Sub ReadEmail_V1_1_Outlook97() 'Worked with outlook 97 cdo.dll 1.1, causes constant 'security popups with out...
4 12/22/2008 5:46:16 AM
Why different To's?
For email, if I do Set obj = objFolder.Items.Item(i) Msgbox obj.To I might get Joe Blow or joeblow@test.com Is there anyway to always retrieve joeblow@test.com? Or is there a way to associate Joe Blow with joeblow@test.com? Or is there a way to get the name of the person's inbox?...
5 12/22/2008 2:19:27 AM
"Strict" VB compiler
I have written some VB code as an addin for Excel 2003, which works fine on my computer. When transferring the code to a colleague, I get all sorts of error messages, even if he also uses Excel 2003. It seems that the VB compiler on my colleagues computer insists that all variables has to be declared. Furthermore, on his computer references as cells(i,j).value gives a type mismatch diagn...
3 12/19/2008 11:32:02 PM
119 Pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  17  18  19  20  21  22  23  24  25  26  27  28  29  30  >>  

Home | Search | Terms | Imprint Contact
Newsgroups Reader - provided by WiredBox.Net