Group:  Microsoft Access » microsoft.public.access.tablesdbdesign

Geek News

Threads Replies Last Post
152 Pages: <<  30  31  32  33  34  35  36  37  38  39  40  41  42  43  44  45  46  47  48  49  50  51  52  53  54  55  56  57  58  59  >>  
Import 6 digit # for date How to format
I am importing data into MS Access 2003 from an external source. the dat format is numeric 0digit number. ie: 107017 is Jan 17, 2007. Any Idea how I can get the date to display in access... I've tried the format function but it won't let me format as a date...
4 2/15/2007 5:36:53 PM
AutoNumber Question
I would like to design a DB which would track the expenses of 40 customers ..The problem is i need to understand the concept of using the autonumber or the actual 5 number account as the primary key in the customer table. The customers would be billed monthly so the account would be repeated in the field each time a new invoice is entered. Is this correct since primary keys do not allow ...
7 2/15/2007 2:49:13 PM
Employee attendance database help
Hello, I have an excell workbook that keeps track of employees attendance by coping the correct Attendance code and pasting in the correct day and month. I want to ncorporate something simmular into to this excel workbook into a databse that I have. The database already has a tbl_EmployeeInformation which has Name, Clock Number, Date of Hire, Department and some other spersonal stuff lik...
5 2/15/2007 2:46:52 PM
Calculations in VBA or queries?
I am developing some fairly complex reports involving detail data summary data and calculations. I need to be able to save the results of some of the calculations to be used in different reports. To complicate things even more, I would like to be able to present the data in a spread sheet format. Would it be better build functions to do the calculations in VBA or try to create queries ...
5 2/15/2007 3:05:05 AM
Normalizing - HELP!
I cannot for the life of me wrap my brain around this. Maybe I don't need to do anything for this particular table (and that is what's making it so hard for me to grasp), but I'm pretty sure I do as a lot of information repeats. As I understand it, normalizing table design means you break a table down into multiple tables so that you don't have any fields in a single table that repeat. R...
11 2/14/2007 8:33:12 PM
sendobject isn't available now
Out of 9 computers running access xp, 2 of them give me the error :"The command or action 'SendObject' isn't available now". I am using the sendobject to do a simple email of a report. Here is the code. Private Sub Send_Email_Confirmation_Click() On Error GoTo Err_Send_Email_Confirmation_Click Dim stDocName As String Dim stName As String Dim stsubject As String Dim st...
1 2/14/2007 1:54:07 PM
Calculations Between Tables
Table #1 contains records of publishing events. Each record will collect the hours needed per month to accomplish each event. Table #2 contains several variations of monthly hours for different scenarios. I need a publishing date (ex. 6/15/07) from a field in table #1 to cause data from several fields (1 to 12 fields with several variations on different rows) in table #2 to be placed in...
4 2/13/2007 10:58:33 PM
Auction Database
Hello, Has anyone heard or know of a Auction Database design? I trying to come up with a very simple database to have item description, date, Current Price (locked field), new bid (coded to add to Current Price) and a hyperlink field to click on to show the picture of the item. It is only for a fun commitee thing within a department. I thought instead of raffles, auctions would be coo...
3 2/13/2007 8:24:00 PM
Table to report design
Hello, I am looking to create a report down the road where sums of categories are created. I currently have a table with a field that is populated by a calculation in a query. It is further categorized by an account. For example: 2 dogs 100 1 cats 200 3 birds 300 3 dogs 150 If on a report I need to see: dogs 250 cats 200 birds 300 How would I do that? Sho...
4 2/13/2007 6:15:42 PM
Event Mgmt 2000
Membership Database is currently kept in 2000 Access; I now want to start tracking event(s) and registering attendance for such events. I was going to use the sample database for Events; Importing from the Mbrship Database the Contact Information. How is the best way to accomplish?...
3 2/13/2007 2:49:21 PM
Establishing relationship necessary with lookup table?
Because of a search on the web, I now know why I have been encountering problems with queries in the few databases I have made: due to using the lookup table wizard in tables. If I understand correctly one should create a combo box, in a form, that will be used to choose data from a lookup table (or a query based on the lookup table). The chosen data is then used as input in the intended f...
4 2/13/2007 10:10:21 AM
unlinking linked image files.
I have a database cataloging art works. It has thumbnail images created specifically for the database. when they were added as each record was created I clicked on the link file box when I was adding the thumbnail image. I believe this means if I change the thumbnail.bmp file it will change in the database. But if I moove the database I would have to tell access where the thumbnails ...
7 2/13/2007 5:43:02 AM
Identifying the entity ...
Hi all. Can someone help me identify the right entities with their attributes from scenario below? HelpFit LTD runs a chain of fitness clubs in Kano. The Fitness club provides exclusive fitness training for its customers. The club has so far maintained its records manually but is now looking to setup a database application to support its functioning. Each fitness centre is managed by a Ce...
4 2/13/2007 4:29:17 AM
Createdatabase (Save to a folder, name, import tables)
Hello; Wondering if someone could help me stop pulling my hair out…. I am trying to programmatically create a new database. When a user clicks on a command button I would like the user to select a folder where to place the new database. VB would then name the new database RMS – “The Users Name” (the contents of a drop down comboBox “Team Name”), then the current date. Secondly...
11 2/13/2007 1:51:36 AM
Exclusive Access to Database Message
Hi, I have a shared database on our network. The database has a "STARTUP FORM" that opens automatically when the databasee is opened. Database users are now seeing a message that says "You do not have exclusive access to the database at this time. If you proceed to make changes, you may not be able to save them later". This appears even though the form is set to allow design chang...
4 2/13/2007 1:41:14 AM
how can import pdf files to microsoft access ?
1 2/12/2007 10:29:01 PM
does anyone know a good return track database for RMA?
I am looking for a database to keep track of the returned material from our customers. RMA DATABASE that allows me to keep all the information regards that RMA and easy to retrieve and add other defects into the same part number. I.E. P/N 123456 was returned once in the RMA 6000 for poor crimp 12/12/2006 and now the same P/N is returned for bas soldering RMA 6060. ...
1 2/12/2007 8:36:01 PM
Hidden & System Tables
I have several Access 2003 databases containing tables with the usys prefix and they are also hidden. I have imported onne of these databases into Access 2007. I cannot find in MS Help any way to show these hidden system "usys" prefixed tables. -- malcolm...
3 2/12/2007 8:36:01 PM
Multi-tiered keyword table
Anyone got any ideas about the following. I have a table of keywords. The keywords can be 3 levels deep so the table has 3 columns Tier1, Tier2, Tier3. Tier1 is always present but Tier2 and/or Tier3 may not be. If Tier2 is blank, Tier3 must be blank. I know this is not normalized. The user will be able to drill down to the lowest level. ie. I present all unique Tier1 keywords and a "...
3 2/12/2007 5:23:02 PM
Setting an Alert/Reminder in Access
I haven't really used Access before, however, I'm a little familiar. There is a database that's been created for our customer complaints, which different departments are assigned these complaints. We have a monthly meeting discussing the status of the customer complaints. Between the months, I would like to set reminders or alerts for updates with the assigned departments. Is there a...
5 2/12/2007 3:05:02 PM
inventory input
i don't have any idea on how to set this up but i need a datbase that i can plug in my equipment one piece at a time. my headings in excel are Tag | Type | R/Sp. | Make | Serial# | Description | Purc. From | Quan. | Priced At | Initial Cost | Freight | Mis. Exp. | Tot. Cost | Sold for | Comm. | Profit | Pd.√ | & | Location| then i need to be able to put an expense distributed to my ...
2 2/12/2007 2:39:37 PM
exporting data to Autoroute from MS Access...
Does anyone know if mappoint will allow me to import a list of locations and draw me a route in the order in which they are stored/imported in the table; point A , Point B, and so on... I don't have mappoint, and can't get a demo, and don't want to comit to a purchase until i can be sure it will do this accurately. (fed up spending money on software that doesn't deliver what it promis...
2 2/12/2007 3:47:38 AM
Database design
I have a database which tracks client investments. Periodically we have to recommend a change to these investments. When we recommend changes I need to print off a form, which shows the old investments, the ticker, and the investment category along with all of this same information for the new investment. I have a table that has all of the investments offered for all clients. This tab...
8 2/11/2007 12:50:40 PM
Access "lost" updatable connection
Access 2002, fully service-packed, with linked SQL-Server 2000 tables. Somewhere between Wednesday morning (everything worked as expected) and Thursday, sometime, the front-end Access .mdb file "forgot" that a couple of the SQL-Server tables were supposed to be updatable. Refreshing the link to those did not make a difference -- the tables were not updatable (no adds, no edits). Add...
7 2/10/2007 12:27:01 AM
Architectural Issue
I have a split application (tables in one database and apps in another) that is now up to 13Mg and contains some 150 reports and 50 screens. I am considering adding a whole new set of functionality which will probably add another 5Mg. It will have some new tables, but much of the data is in existing tables in the back end database. My question is how would be the best way to add this ...
4 2/9/2007 11:26:08 PM
152 Pages: <<  30  31  32  33  34  35  36  37  38  39  40  41  42  43  44  45  46  47  48  49  50  51  52  53  54  55  56  57  58  59  >>  

Home | Search | Terms | Imprint Contact
Newsgroups Reader - provided by WiredBox.Net