Group:  Microsoft Access » microsoft.public.access.replication

Geek News

Threads Replies Last Post
12 Pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  
Retention Period
Éste es un mensaje de varias partes en formato MIME. ------=_NextPart_000_0026_01C96170.BB1189D0 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Hi! I need to change the "Retention Period" of a Replica.... URGENT = PLEASE!!!! Thanks! ------=_NextPart_000_0026_01C96170.BB1189D0 Content-Type: text/html; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Trans...
6 12/21/2008 9:49:05 PM
No synchronize with making a replika with msacces wizard.
Hello, I used the wizzard for making a replica in Acces 2003. I thought I keep it simple with using this. No automation, pull down the menu and chose synchronize. I made six replica's. One for each user and put them all together on de same server in the office but each in there own subfolder. I can synchroze each replika with the main database. I can chose the synchronize from the me...
6 11/29/2008 11:20:08 PM
Indirect Synchronisation Setup
I'm pretty new to replication and synchronisation. Having read from a lot of sites about it, I think indirect synchronisation (using TSI Synchroniser) is the method I need to use for the particular situation I'm working with. The situation is this. My client has an office with several staff working over a network. The program in question is written in VB6 and uses a networked Access 200...
5 11/27/2008 9:34:15 PM
Cannot find search key: error message of death?
I've been reading all the posts on the "Cannot find search key" error and getting pretty nervous that I'm screwed. We've been replicating for years, and one day a user emailed me to tell me her synch failed because she got the "Cannot find search key error". Then one by one other users got the error message too. Now no one can synch their data to the server and I have multiple data sets ...
3 11/27/2008 6:55:16 PM
Indirect Replication labryinth
I'm having so much trouble - I don't think it should be this hard to indirect synch with TSI Synchronizer? Maybe I'm completely missing the boat here... I've installed both TSI synch 4.0 and the Jet Replication 4.0 files, and updated the registry. I have machine Boundary18 (laptop running WindowsXP) and machine Boundarysys (hub machine running Windows Server 2003 64bit). The laptop conn...
11 11/9/2008 11:18:04 PM
New synchronization services from MS
I just came across this on the MS Access team blog. It appears that Microsoft is working towards providing the infrastructure to store and sync with data in the cloud. They're releasing a beta to test the functionality; you can see details at: http://blogs.msdn.com/access/archive/2008/10/28/storing-access-apps-and-data-in-the-cloud.aspx It appears that you'll be able to use either MS Ac...
2 11/3/2008 12:16:38 AM
Cannot set indirect dropbox
Been working with TSI for awhile now trying not to clog up the boards with too many novice questions, but I'm really stuck here. I do not have Replication Manager, nor do I have access to it, so I'm trying to do an indirect synch with TSI alone. I am using Access 2003 & have installed the Jet4.0 & TSI 4.0 dll/exe files, and set references in VB and added the registry key. I've successfu...
5 10/30/2008 3:20:42 AM
Replication & Synchronizing
I've been doing some testing with the replication/ synchronizing tools in ACCESS. Here is what i've done. Ive created a MASTER_DB with a table called TABLE_1 with a field called FIELD_1. Populated it with the word "MASTER". Lets say i replicate this DB (called REPLICA_1). The user who is works on REPLICA_1. Changes the word "MASTER" to "ADMINISTRATOR". I go back to the MASTE...
3 10/22/2008 9:42:02 PM
Conflict Tables
Over the weekend all of my backends (replica farm of 3 and 35 remote users) created two conflict tables - MsysRepInfo_Conflict and MsysSchedule_Conflict. I'm not sure why but I cannot resolve them. The Conflict Viewer says "No Conflict Tables." Since they are Msys tables it will not allow me to delete them. The info in the conflict tables don't really identify anything that is specific. ...
11 6/30/2007 10:03:12 PM
Renumbering records
Is it possible?...
12 6/29/2007 1:36:58 AM
Opening Microsoft Replication Manager Application takes forever
Greetings: Recently I have been experiencing very slowness of Opening Microsoft Replication Manager application taking forever (over 8minutes based on log created using FileMon). I have over 200 Hub replica's that are managed by ReplMan and since last month I never faced any problem other than seeing "unable to read system clock" while opening this App. Recently I start to notice this...
2 6/26/2007 10:26:15 PM
Auto-solve conflicts...???
Hello, I knoq there are A LOT of post about this issue...but I just cant find the right answer (if there is one). Is it possible to automatically resolve conflicts, using vba or something? I do not want the user to click on the resolve conflict GUI. Is this possible? Thanks in advance ...
2 6/25/2007 9:56:46 PM
Conflict Tools
Are there third party software packages that will help in managing conflict resolution verses the tool provided by Microsoft? Regards, Roy ...
2 6/25/2007 9:54:47 PM
Diabetic Recipes and More...
Hi Cookers, Welcome to our new website, cookersworld.com. We have expanded the content links to ad Mr. Emeril Lagasse's fine recipes along with recipes for diabetic's. The website is full of great links from our partners. We have links to free cookbooks and more. Please stop by and support us. Visit all our links and choose the best recipe for you or your family. We look forward t...
1 6/24/2007 8:25:51 AM
Delete Replication History
Several months ago while testing daylight savings, the date and time on server was set ahead to November to test daylight savings. A scheduled replication ocurred and shows up in the history of each replica with a November date. The hourly scheduled replication now fails to happen and I believe this is because it sees a "November date as the most recent and does not run. Is there a wa...
3 6/12/2007 10:41:38 AM
Invalid http address during Internet synchronization
We have a replicated Access 2002 database with about 80 users which uses Internet Synchronization set up using Replication Manager. The database ONLY contains data tables and their relationships (no queries, forms etc). The master database in on a server, the replicas may be on LAN, WAN or VPN via dial-up or satellite (some of our users are in remote locations with no high speed connec...
2 6/6/2007 11:07:04 PM
Clear Replication history
Several months ago while testing daylight savings, the date and time on server was set ahead to November 2007 to test daylight savings. A scheduled replication occurred and shows up in the history of each replica with a November date. The hourly scheduled replication now fails to happen and I believe this is because it sees a "November date as the most recent and does not run. I can st...
1 6/6/2007 7:45:08 PM
Clear the Replication History
Several months ago while testing daylight savings, the date and time on server was set ahead to November to test daylight savings. A scheduled replication occurred and shows up in the history of each replica with a November date. The hourly scheduled replication now fails to happen and I believe this is because it sees a "November date as the most recent and does not run. I can still manua...
1 6/6/2007 7:41:09 PM
Delete Replication History
Several months ago while testing daylight savings, the date and time on server was set ahead to November to test daylight savings. A scheduled replication occurred and shows up in the history of each replica with a November date. The hourly scheduled replication now fails to happen and I believe this is because it sees a "November date as the most recent and does not run. I can still manua...
1 6/6/2007 7:32:33 PM
Very Indirect Synchronization
Hi. I, with a few other trustees, run a small charity. We don't have our own server, just a hosted (Linux based) web and FTP site and a bunch of home PCs, which are, anyway, only ever online together by coincidence. We have a (currently unreplicated) Access 2000 database that we share by uploading and downloading to/from the FTP site, but of course this means that only one of us can m...
14 6/2/2007 1:56:40 AM
127 Column Limit
I inherited a small Access database that uses replication to support a mobile application. While I'm not new to MS-Access, I am new to its replication functionality. 1. Am I imagining a 127 column limit to tables in a replicated database? One of the first changes I had to make to the database was to add columns to a fairly wide table. All but one of the new columns are visible in Access...
4 6/1/2007 7:20:12 PM
Programmatically synchronizing replicas...
I have read a few posts about synchronization and I was wondering something... most everyone talks about Direct, Indirect and Internet sync's, but no one (even the online/offline help) has any examples of programmatically forcing a replica sync with the DM. Does anyone know where I can find good, solid code examples, explainations or both regarding programmatic synchronization? Thanks...
2 5/30/2007 5:50:37 PM
Managed replicas
Is there a way to copy/transfer the list of managed replicas (registry entries?) - Access\ 97 or 2000 - or a way to store this information on a disc partition separate from the OS? TIA ...
1 5/29/2007 3:56:05 PM
emailed sync
Hi Guys, Just trying to get up to speed on replication and just wondering if my thought process on this is OK? We will have a 'server' be db and each staff member will have a copy on this to use on their laptop. Each day they will send back their be db, each staff member will have a folder for each staff member. I will then set the sync to the 'server' with the a fully sync version ...
3 5/28/2007 7:58:52 PM
RepMan creating multiple instances to the replica
I have RepMan managing a few replicas and many partials. One replica is on a network server. This server has 2 different address, ie jm1, and jm-cluster as this server has a mirror. Anywho, RepMan syncs on a schedule with this replica on jm1. For some reason though, when after a few days I open RepMan, there is additional replicas representing the the replica on jm1, but has no sync sc...
3 5/25/2007 7:32:45 PM
12 Pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  

Home | Search | Terms | Imprint Contact
Newsgroups Reader - provided by WiredBox.Net