Group:  Microsoft Access ยป microsoft.public.access.odbcclientsvr

Geek News

Threads Replies Last Post
12 Pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  
Animals in China
mms://a805.v9135e.c9135.g.vm.akamaistream.net/7/805/9135/0029/peta.download.akamai.com/9135/downloads/jcruel_china_dog_med.wmv sales@lpi-hk.com ...
1 2/4/2006 10:03:45 AM
(.)(.) Hot...
Call +8613352960090 Free! Multi-lingual! ...
1 2/4/2006 4:06:25 AM
(.)(.) Hot...
Call +8613352960090 Free! Multi-lingual! ...
1 2/4/2006 4:06:24 AM
Filter not releasing
Hi, I have an Access frontend drawing it's tables from MSSQL. My users report that if they do a filter, they cannot release the filter, and have to close down th form an re-open it. Any reasons why this should be? I can't replicate this on my machine, but there are differences, namely, I'm logged in as administrator, and I'm using 2003, whereas they are using 2000. Thanks in advan...
1 2/2/2006 3:21:38 PM
Access Append query not firing SQL Server Instead Of Insert Trigge
One of our users appends rows to a SQL Server linked table in Access. We have a an "Instead of Insert" trigger on the table to validate and block access to some columns. This trigger works fine every except when the data is inserted via Access. It doesn't appear to fire. Any ideas on what's happening? Scott...
2 2/1/2006 6:29:13 PM
Sql direct and parameters
I want to use sql-server stored procedure from Access, and i need to know how to use varaiable parameters with the sql Direct function. Anyone has an idea ? Thanks in advance Christophe...
2 1/30/2006 10:22:44 AM
Access 2003 & SQL Server 2005
We have an Access 2000 MDB with a SQL 7 back end. We are upgrading SQL Server to SQL 2005, and are considering upgrading to Access 2003. Someone mentioned that they had heard about some incompatibilities between Access 2003 and SQL Server 2005. Anyone hear of anything? And, if so, would staying with Access 2000 be better? Thanks! Neil ...
5 1/30/2006 4:46:38 AM
How to prevent multiple connections when using linked tables to SQL server
Hello, I have a VB app that tries to read/write data from an access 2002 DB that has linked tables to a SQL server. My problem is that my read after the begintrans creates a new connection (SPID) in SQL server therefore causes an update on an already locked record. How can I make sure that all my reads and writes are done in the same connection? Thanks ertan Zanagar l_objDBCo...
8 1/28/2006 10:12:34 AM
Can I use Advance Jet SQL commands in odbc
Hi! I have an application using ODBC (MFC classes) to access a Jet database. Now while browsing MSDN I found an article: "Advance Microsoft Jet SQL for Access 2000" that explain the new transaction commands:"BEGIN TRANSACTION", "COMMIT", "ROLLBACK" which allow up to 5 nested transactions, VIEWS, PROCEDURES (SQL-92), etc... For some problems we have, nested transaction would fit the bill per...
2 1/27/2006 6:54:21 AM
building a web site
I just got back working on my website. Its taken a long time to finish but I am getting there. I got great web hosting at http://www.domainnamefree.net where I got a free .com name and a good site builder. Im going to keep working on it ill let you all know how im doing. Paul ...
1 1/27/2006 1:23:39 AM
EOF or BOF Error in access (back end is on SQL server)
Used a database without anyproblems. But when Database Backend was migrated to SQL 2000, then everytime I try to append records or insert records ot a table, I get this error. ANy idea how ot get a permenant solution. All help appreciated (See Below) sorry for the lengthy code: ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++ ++++++++ Private Sub cmdCreate_Cl...
2 1/25/2006 9:33:03 PM
Writing binary ('blob') data to Access with ODBC
Hi all - I'm having some trouble writing long binary data ('blob') to Access using ODBC. SQLBindParameter is reporting an "Invalid precision value" between preparing the Insert and Executing it. Hopefully someone can help? My code works with ODBC -> MySQL. I'm using a binary test field of length 262143 bytes. The field in question is defined as 'longbinary' in the CREATE TABLE t...
3 1/25/2006 4:11:28 PM
How to disable use of Access databases on IIS 4.0
Hello, We host multiple sites on an NT 4.0/IIS 4.0 server. However, standards dictate that Access databases are not allowed. Can anyone advise on a method to disallow/disable the use of Access databases on a web server or from websites? All the access database files are local on the server. We have tried unregistering msjet35.dll and msjet40.dll w/o success. We have set NTFS perm...
6 1/23/2006 5:53:03 PM
Access lookups taking forever....
We have 10 users using access XP 2002, all are connecting to an access database with about 300,000 records (150meg DB). and currently it is taking about 6-8 minutes per lookup on the database which resides on a windows 2003 server with 2 gigs of Ram. Is this normal or is there something I can do to speed the lookups? My systems are running windows XP SP2 with at least 512 megs ram with m...
4 1/22/2006 6:40:36 PM
AccessXP SQL2000 File dsn connection
Have sql 2000 backend on 2003 server, using AccessXP as front-end. Have the AccessXP and file dsn in same folder on a Novell network share. SQL server is set to mixed mode. Have a file dsn: [ODBC] DRIVER=SQL Server UID=DBUpdater Address=198.99.9.99 DATABASE=telehealth PWD=password SERVER=servername Description=telehealthSQL I am a network administrator. While developing and using ...
2 1/22/2006 5:26:43 PM
Cannot Link to ODBC Database Because Dialogue Disappears
I'm having the same problem experienced by someone in July 2005, which he stated as follows: In Access 2003, I am trying to link a table to an ODBC data source. I click: "New" "Link Table" In the Files of Type dropdown, I select "ODBC Databases()." At that point, the dialogue simply disappears and leaves me at the previous window. A response was as follows: Have ...
3 1/19/2006 4:47:04 PM
Free mp3's
<HTML> <HEAD> <META NAME="GENERATOR" Content="Microsoft DHTML Editing Control"> <TITLE></TITLE> </HEAD> <BODY> <P>And much more that that!</P> <P><A href="http://forum.saait.net/">http://forum.saait.net/</A></P> <P>This site offers free and legal mp3's, software, movies, games.<BR>They also have a l...
1 1/18/2006 5:03:33 AM
Free access to several paysites! Free movies - games - software - mp3 - and more!
<HTML> <HEAD> <META NAME="GENERATOR" Content="Microsoft DHTML Editing Control"> <TITLE></TITLE> </HEAD> <BODY> <P>I found this great site that offers loads of content for free! I got a bunch of mp3's from it, but they offer movies, games and software too!</P> <P>Go check it out! Quickly!</P> <P><A href="http://w...
1 1/17/2006 10:41:13 PM
Visualise locked records per ODBC linkes tables
Hi, I am the first time in this group, my englisg is not perfect ... I work with an Access MDB included tables via ODBC from a SQL Server 2000. When 2 or more users try to edit the same record, there is no information, that another user ia already editing this record (only on recordsaving there is an error message). Working only with a MDB, Access shows visual, that another user has loc...
1 1/13/2006 9:54:02 AM
Unable to Configure ODBC Drivers
I am using Works 2000. For the last 6 months I have been unable to access my Calendar for important birthdays etc. I uninstalled the program, leaving the calendar file alone. Upon reinstalling, I get five error messages. "Unable to configure ODBC Driver..Microsoft Access Driver (*.mdb)" -could not load setup or translator library The other four drivers that couldn't be configured are, ...
1 1/13/2006 1:14:02 AM
MS Access ODBC across domains
We've recently had a reshuffle of departments. The SQL databases that access connected to are now on a separate domain from the access users. Looking for ideas on how to configure the ODBC's to connect to SQL. The security folks don't want to use SQL users b/c the passwords are sent in clear text which is a security risk. Since this is the easiest option, I'd be happy to hear how they a...
1 1/12/2006 8:07:42 PM
Best way to duplicate row of table
Hello group, I'm trying to create a copy of a record in an SQL Server table that has an Identity key and string index based on a field, [ID]. I's using DAO and the code curretly looks something like this: strSQL = "SELECT * FROM tblX WHERE tblX.ID = '" & myID & "'" Set RSource = CurrentDb.OpenRecordset(strSQL, dbOpenDynaset, dbSeeChanges, dbOptimistic) Set RDest = RSource.Clone ...
2 1/11/2006 11:34:27 PM
Access ODBC HELP!
So I'm under the gun here at work and I can't seem to understand the cause of my problem. Here it is: I'm creating a SQL Server database using a web front end. In other words, users submit information via an Active Server Page and it is stored in an SQL DB. Internally, we are using Microsoft Access to query this information, add notes, and run reports. My issue is that it seems as thou...
2 1/11/2006 9:18:05 AM
SQL server fields won't update from Access!
Hi folks, a quick one and any suggestions would be welcome we have a form with a subform both using Access queries looking at SQL server linked tables. The query is definitely updatable (as the tables have unique indexes) and the query that is the recordsource of the form can definitely be updated when opened and put into datasheet view The subform has a checkbox (bound to the server...
1 1/10/2006 5:29:01 PM
Error Code Zero
I have a Java program that uses the JDBC:ODBC bridge to the MS Access 2000 ODBC driver. The program has worked successfully for months. The only aspect that has changed is that the database now has about 100,000 records. Suddenly, the program is getting the following error continually: SQL: SELECT * FROM SetiLog2 WHERE Computer = 'Harry' AND Name = '16mr05aa.15136.17264.40912.1.167'; ...
1 1/10/2006 1:37:38 PM
12 Pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  

Home | Search | Terms | Imprint Contact
Newsgroups Reader - provided by WiredBox.Net