Group:  Microsoft Access » microsoft.public.access.modulesdaovba

Geek News

Threads Replies Last Post
359 Pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  17  18  19  20  21  22  23  24  25  26  27  28  29  30  >>  
Formatting several excel worksheets within one spreadsheet from Ac
Sorry if I posted this on the wrong forum but I am having some difficulty attempting the following and could use some help.... I have a query which I am exporting to several worksheets within one excel spreadsheet using the TransferSpreadSheet command and I am wondering if there is also a way to format the data in Excel when I send it to each worksheet... What I would like to do is to ...
20 12/22/2008 6:44:01 AM
email pdf report Access 2003
Hi, I have a pdf report that I create in Access 2003 and then use Outlook 2003 to email it. I would like to automate this. I'm not sure how to approach this. Thank you. jbc...
2 12/22/2008 5:51:07 AM
Percentile Function
Greetings, I am somewhat of a novice, so please bear with me. I am trying to come up with a user defined function that will allow me to find the xth percentile on a group of records within a query. Scouring the net, I found the code below. I have put this into a module in my DB and have tested it using the immediate window, with the returned results giving me what I expected. Howe...
4 12/21/2008 9:37:18 PM
trouble with table not updating
I have a database created to hold emails from outlook. During the process of testing, I filled it up with several of the same emails. After deleting the duplicate records, the database would not fill up anymore and I had to re-create a table by exporting email from the outlook tool. My question is could I have deleted something I shouldn't have deleted? Is there something I need to p...
3 12/21/2008 8:46:03 PM
exiting the windows fax-wizard prematurely
hallo, is it anyway possible to detect with VBA-code when a user exits prematurely the windows fax-wizard with 'Cancel' ? mvg.... ...
2 12/21/2008 4:49:53 PM
Auto Dil Function
How can I have the auto dial function use my internet broadband connection instead of the modem to place a call from within access. It works fine with a modem but I would prefer it use my DSL connection since I am never connected to the modem ...
3 12/21/2008 4:55:01 AM
function to launch default app given filename
Hi, All, Access 07 VBA Is there a function like Shell that will launch default app given file name? Example: call <function>("c:\xyz.jpg") 'opens PCs default graphics viewer/editor Thank you! Jim james@thomas.net...
4 12/21/2008 2:04:12 AM
excel data into access
Hi, I am trying to use the following code below from (http://www.paulsadowski.com/WSH/cdo.htm#DB) but it doesn't seem to be working. Can anyone help? I have created a new workbook and changed the directory in the code. The data I need is on sheet1 in my workbook. I am not sure the code below directs it to the correct place though. Private Function Command2_Click() Dim x, strTemp,...
4 12/20/2008 3:20:24 PM
Run Excel Macro from Access
I found the sample code below on this DG; modified slightly for my specific path and workbook name: DoCmd.TransferSpreadsheet acExport, 8, "Marks Query#1", "C:\Documents and Settings\rshuell\Desktop\Ryan\", True Set objXls = CreateObject("Excel.Application") myFile = "C:\Documents and Settings\rshuell\Desktop\Ryan\Marks Query#1.xls" objXls.Wo...
3 12/20/2008 3:19:06 PM
Automation of word in Access 2007
I am trying to do some simple code to create a word document from Excel when I try to break and start another page the text on the first page disappears: Below is a simple example, the first page prints if I take out the insert break, but if I put it in I get a blank 1st page and "started New" on the second. Must be missing something obvious and can't find good documentation for the ...
3 12/20/2008 4:21:00 AM
Typing in variable names
is there a way to make entering variable names easier, i.e. is there a way to see a list of legitimate variable names for a module?...
2 12/19/2008 8:52:00 PM
List boxes with 1st and last day of every month
I want to create a form with 2 list boxes. One list box to list the 1st day of every month from April 05 to the 1st of previous month when the form is opened (i.e. 1-Apr-05, 1-May-05, 1-Jun-05,.....1-Nov-08) Another list box to list the last day of every month to the last day of previous month when the form is opened. How can I do that? ...
5 12/19/2008 8:40:49 PM
sending e-mail alerts prompted via access
I use access 2007 to manage our permitting proscess. Is there anyway i could write a program in access to prompt it to send me an e-mail alert based on a date in the date field. I want to set it up to notify me that x-number of days has passed since a permit was issued and no activity on that permit has be observed. Thanks -- hd...
4 12/19/2008 7:24:01 PM
Access 2007 halts a macro using TransferDatabase method
We have an .mdb file which is distributed among several disconnected users, and we periodically issue an update to the database with an "updater" database. This updater copies new records to the users' Db's, plus it copies a large collection (a couple hundred or so) of queries using the TransferDatabase method. One of our users recently went to Access 2007, and is having trouble with ...
4 12/19/2008 6:46:01 PM
access reports
I am trying to run a report based on a crosstab query. User inputs total number of months forcast the budget. I want to generate a report dynamically as the col header is the month and the year. how can i do this in the backend when the user clicks on preview button. The crosstab query has the data, but the report uses only field that are initially designed. Is there a way that i can...
5 12/19/2008 5:13:41 PM
Pulling data from another table using VB
Hi, I have a database that has two tables. 1 is my customer details. 2 is wholesale price. Table 1 has a field called IAGBP and IAGBPMargin Table 2 has a field called IAGBP also. I want to link Table1 so that it takes the value of IAGBP in Table 2 and adds the IAGBPMargin and puts the resultant figure into IAGBP in Table 1. I am using the following code but the debug stops at C. I th...
3 12/19/2008 4:29:01 PM
Append query via VBA
Hi I need to add all data from a temp table into another table by using VBA. Which is the easiest way to do this?...
5 12/19/2008 3:50:01 PM
Access 2003 Outlook 2007 SendObject Fails
I am getting a failure when a script runs a docmd.sendobject on a machine with Outlook 2007 and Access 2003. The script works fine when using Outlook 2003 and Access 2003. I am sending text, not a database object. I am pulling the value of variables from a form and generating an e-mail message from it. The SendObject statement is: DoCmd.SendObject , , , vNetSprtRqstBy, vNetSprtRqstFor...
1 12/19/2008 6:09:01 AM
OpenRecordset - Error 3061
When I execute the following code, I receive the a run-time error 3061 and when I debug, the line in question is: Set rst = qdf.OpenRecordset() Looking at web sites, I am using the correct syntax. Please can anyone help me - thanks Dim dbsCurrent As Database Dim qdf As QueryDef Dim rst As Recordset Dim mSql As String Set dbsCurrent = CurrentDb mSql...
9 12/19/2008 7:51:01 PM
How to prevent changes save to recordset and table
Hi all, I have the following code with a recordset tied to a form: Set rsEditCient = New ADODB.Recordset rsEditCient.CursorLocation = adUseClient rsEditCient.Open strSQL, cnndb, adOpenStatic, adLockBatchOptimistic, adCmdText DoCmd.OpenForm "frm_Edit_Client" Set Forms("frm_Edit_Client").Recordset = rsEditCient There are two buttons. One for update for when I make any update changes....
4 12/21/2008 9:36:26 PM
Custom Ribbon Screentips Are Unprofessional in Access 2007
I have been converting an application to use the new ribbons in Access 2007. When you create any custom button to perform an action using ribbon XML, you can specify a screentip that is displayed when the mouse cursor hovers over the button. This is great. But at the bottom of the screentip, Access also displays an additional prompt "Press F1 for more help", as below: MyScreenTip ...
5 12/22/2008 4:04:10 PM
Converting Pipe Delimited Text File To Tab Delimited Text file
I am new to MS Access and was wondering how to perform the following task. How to write a program to convert pipe delimited text file to a tab delimited text file. All fields must be trimmed of extra spaces (I assume either the TRIM, LTRIM OR RTRIM commands can be used for this. A form to specify the input and output and a button to run the conversion is required for this task. Any a...
4 12/22/2008 4:45:47 PM
Random Selection of Message to Display
Please help me, I want to randomly display a message that is stored in a table once the Startup form pops out. Please help me do that...
4 12/22/2008 5:00:16 PM
Automating Importing files?
Is there a way, maybe using vba code, to pull in the saved imports from a table creation? I create a table and save the import steps and then need to reimport this file later in a macro. I need to do this with about 90 tables, so I want to automate it. Any suggestions on how? We don't run Outlook at this point, so I can't schedule it to run. I want the macro to kick it off. ...
3 12/22/2008 6:41:04 PM
beginner programmer with a problem.
I’m a struggling learner on programming and would appreciate some help. This is where I’m up to: I have read several introductory articles on programming as referred to on this excellent site. As a result I can do one or two basic commands like opening a form, but that’s all, and I still feel I have absolutely no idea of the underlying principles. I compare this with other area...
15 12/19/2008 1:44:09 PM
359 Pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  17  18  19  20  21  22  23  24  25  26  27  28  29  30  >>  

Home | Search | Terms | Imprint Contact
Newsgroups Reader - provided by WiredBox.Net