Group:  Microsoft Access » microsoft.public.access.modulesdaovba

Geek News

Threads Replies Last Post
359 Pages: <<  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  17  18  19  20  21  22  23  24  25  26  27  28  29  30  31  32  33  34  35  36  37  38  39  >>  
DAO qdfs does not delete my queries
Hi all, I have 3 queries I want to delete from my list of queries. I used a query definition object to cycle through all my queries and delete them every time a query's name matches mine listed names, but for some reason, it does not delete them all, sometimes it would delete them the first one and then exit the for each -next loop, sometimes it would delete two of the three, but never...
10 11/5/2008 3:30:05 PM
Page margins when sending to pdf
Hi, I've been using Stephen Leben's report to pdf code (it's great btw Stephen - thanks), and I'm having a few issues with how the page is being printed. My original fits on a page (tight around the margins). When I use the pdf code it sets it with different page margins and so it doesn't fit on the page properly. I've also noticed that it's very slightly smaller. I've exported to s...
1 11/5/2008 12:21:01 PM
Query duration time
Hi, I have code that is accessing a very large database via ODBC connection. It is slow due to the size of the database being accessed and works fine but I want to know how long it takes my query to gather the data. How would I write code to time the duration it takes for the query to run and then display the time duration in a message box? Any help is greatly appreciated. Stephen...
5 11/5/2008 9:34:31 AM
syntax error in INSERT statement - but only in one case?
Hi, I have a public procedure in a standard module that updates a table, setting variables depending on what form it is called from (CalledFrom passed as a string). It works fine when called from the Distribution form (case Distribution) but when called from the Contacts form, I get a syntax error on the INSERT statement. What am I missing? Public Sub LogEvent(LogRemarks As String,...
3 11/5/2008 6:58:00 AM
Searching for a string
Hello, Can the InStr function be used and is it the best way to search for a string in a memo field? Here is the scenario...I have to populate a report in word (with tables) with information that i receive in email (below). This is a long tedious process and i am trying to find a way to make things easier. I have pasted the body of the email I receive below. I am able to export the c...
1 11/4/2008 6:10:11 PM
Textbox Formatting
Hi I'm writing an application in Access 2000 and I would like the user to be able to format text within a textbox (or a similar control). Items such as bold, italic, bullet points would be useful. Is there any control that can do this within Access 2000 VBA or extending the textbox control at all? Thanks Matthew...
5 11/4/2008 5:25:33 PM
Using ":" in coding
I've recently discovered that you can simulate a carriage return in the VBA code window (for lack of a better phrase) using a colon ex. Case 0: strString = "" instead of the usual Case 0 strString = "" I see this used a little bit here and there, but really know nothing about using a colon in vba programming (I know the colon has a very significant meaning most programming ...
6 11/4/2008 4:52:09 PM
VBA Excel File SaveAs
Access 03/WinXP I am exporting a series of data into Excel and the workbook is a template file. After the data is exported, I want the Excel file saved to a programmed file name. I am getting "Error 438 - Object doesn't support this property of method." This seems fairly simple, especially after reviewing so many posts that include some variation of this function. The solution is ...
8 11/4/2008 4:46:07 PM
Strange form behavior with AllowAdditions
Why is it that Access changes the behavior of unbound controls just because AllowAdditions = False? I have a bound continuous form that is used only for filtering & sorting data for reporting purposes. The form header has several combo boxes that are used for the user to select filters, which are then applied to the form (& the form is consequently requeried) in the AfterUpdate of each ...
4 11/4/2008 4:26:19 PM
Compile Error: Else without IF
I'm trying to change the backcolor of my control by keying in on select words such as "Vacant", "Military", "Contractor", and "KTR". When one of these words are type into the control the back color will change. Anything else the field stays in its default color. I know that conditional formating is available but I have more than the 3 allowed so this is the work around. Private Sub D...
6 11/4/2008 2:25:02 PM
Built in properties not found
Hi I added several Builtin properties to the DB properties collection and have been using them and setting their values programatically for a month. Now suddenly when I try to set a value i get an error message "Property not found" so added it again and the properties not message happens again later that same day. The properties were startup properties: • AllowShortcutMenus •...
3 11/4/2008 12:33:30 PM
Formatting in Access
I need to know if I can get Access to round numbers/currancy to the nearest nickle? Also, I have put these formulas into Excel and they work fine but when I import the excel spreadsheet into Access the formulas are lost, Can I get Excel spreadsheets into Access with the formulas intact?...
2 11/4/2008 9:20:54 AM
NOT IN LIST EVENT
USING the Combo Box's Not In List event with multiple fields: I WANT to know how i can use this event. i have one table (T_Teams) with the following fields: TeamId,FirstName,LastName and another one Table (T_RecordTeam) with the following fields forest,comp,polygon,firstlastname(i have a concatenate query first&lastname). my question know is how i can insert values in the firstlast nam...
2 11/4/2008 1:31:40 AM
how to open an mdb file has a database password form another mdb
I have the data in an mdb file secured. I wrote this to link to that mdb file Set Dbnd = DBEngine.Workspaces(0).OpenDatabase("c:\DataFiles\acc2007.mdb", False, False) the error message "not a valid password" how to set dbengine with password ...
2 11/3/2008 11:40:02 PM
Advice Needed for Planning
I am in the process of creating a new database to assist with the billing on a maintenance project. this project will consist of dozens of different subjobs that will be willed separately. The following is the base of this database: 1. Each subjob will be treated as an individual project with its own separate budget, separate timesheets etc. 2. No subjob will be allowed to go over budg...
2 11/3/2008 9:43:28 PM
Runtime error message
When starting an application (local FE and network BE data tables) I often get the following error message: ___________________________________________________________________ The expression On Open you entered as the event property setting produced the following error:. <=Including the dot * The expressin may not result in the name of a macro, the name of a user-defined function...
3 11/3/2008 9:34:56 PM
Confusing Type Mismatch
Let me preface by saying that in my database, I am storing employee information inside of two tables - one for general information (Employee ID #, name, hire date, supervisor name, etc), and one for login information into our various business applications. These tables are joined on Employee ID fields, which are text values in both tables. I'm trying to design a form where users can e...
3 11/3/2008 9:31:01 PM
SQL 2005 and Access 2003
We are having problems with retrieving data from a SQL 2005 database using Access 2003. Are there documented problems/issues? -- M. Shipp...
4 11/4/2008 12:54:38 PM
Testing for Open Navigation Pane
Is there some means by which I can programmatically test to see if the Navigation Pane in an Access 2007 database is hidden? I want to create a toggle button on the Ribbon that is available to administrators to hide or show the navigation pane when clicked....
7 11/4/2008 4:30:00 PM
allow user to set startup options
please help.. How can I allow a user (created with user level security wizard) to set startup options (like 'allow full menus') of Application. Regaards JB...
3 11/5/2008 10:58:43 AM
Merging RTF to Word from Access
Hi I have a field in my database (text) which contains all of the RTF coding that I want to merge into a Word document. At the moment, all that merges is the actual RTF code (e.g. {....par} etc.). Is there any way of bringing through the text and formatting rather than this code? Thanks. Matthew...
3 11/5/2008 10:59:01 AM
Filepath in code via form
Hi, I have some code (not written by me) that refers to a "file path" i.e. "G:\Garfield\Pictures"... I guess that path is hard coded but i dont want this and want to replace it with some code that can be changed via a form. What i want is a form with a text box and a button to open the "Open Folder" window so that the user can scroll to the folder and click ok and then the path shou...
8 11/5/2008 12:02:37 PM
Treeview event on double-click in VBA
I'm currently using the treeview-functionality in VBA and Access. Is it possible to create a double-click event in vba. If so, how do I do this? ...
4 11/5/2008 12:19:06 PM
Confirmation of Email Sent
I have used the .SendObject method in the past to automate Access and Outlook, i.e. open an email message, populate it, etc. Works fine However, I am in need of specifiying the 'From' field in the message, so I am now creating a session, mail item, etc. and defining the ..SentOnBehalfOfName property. Works fine. However, with the .SendObject method and error trapping, I was able to ...
4 11/5/2008 12:26:01 PM
Check for file on server during login. If it doesn't exist, shut d
I was provided with code that periodically checks for the existence of a file on one of my network drives. The file name is ChkFile.ozx; if the file name on the server is changed from ChkFile.ozx to ChkFile.old (or whatever,) my database displays a message on each users PC and then after a minute shuts the database down. I do this whenever I need to perform maintenance and/or updates. ...
4 11/5/2008 2:10:24 PM
359 Pages: <<  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  17  18  19  20  21  22  23  24  25  26  27  28  29  30  31  32  33  34  35  36  37  38  39  >>  

Home | Search | Terms | Imprint Contact
Newsgroups Reader - provided by WiredBox.Net