Group:  Microsoft Access » microsoft.public.access.forms

Geek News

Threads Replies Last Post
612 Pages: <<  12  13  14  15  16  17  18  19  20  21  22  23  24  25  26  27  28  29  30  31  32  33  34  35  36  37  38  39  40  41  >>  
Accessing And Updating A Table Via Code When A Form Is Submitted
Hi, I have one table which I want to use a form to enter data. This table, which we will call [Reasons], has 4 rows: ID, Reason, Date, Logged_By. I have been told I need to make this application as simple as possible and maybe a little fun - I'm focusing on the simple part first. :) For the reason field, I have a parent table which have all of the possible reasons - about 15-20 - list...
4 11/19/2008 5:34:04 PM
Current Date on Form
Hi there I have a Form with a "Date" Field on it. it is supposed to automattically display the current date when the form opens. It is set to : =Now() I have also tried =Date() But it keeps saying #Name? it worked last week, now all of a sudden it wont work? Thank You Melissa ...
3 11/19/2008 5:30:04 PM
Letter Generation
I am seeking direction on how to create a database of auto generation letters. I would like to have information entered into a form and the data entered in the form will be used to generate letters. I know how to create forms and tables. I just don't know how to go about creating the letter templates and how to transfering the data from the form into those letters templates that would au...
6 11/19/2008 4:36:43 PM
Filter listbox with toggle button
I am sure this is a simple solution but i cant seem to get it. What i have is a form with a list box that displays names of personnel. What i would like to have happen is this: When the form opens, all personnel are listed in the listbox (which already works) and then i would like a toggle button on the form that will filter the listbox when it is pressed. The control for the filter wi...
3 11/19/2008 3:03:01 PM
Unbound List box
I need help urgenly please. I have a form with all the fields from my user table which has information about users. I have an unbound list box in my form which displays some of the fields in the form and have also created an unbound text box to search in the list. The list is populated by an underlying query. When I run the query in desing mode is brings results but when I open teh ...
6 11/19/2008 12:11:01 PM
Edit/Delete Record in Search Form
Good Morning, I have a form in a database based on an example on Allen Browne's site: http://allenbrowne.com/ser-62.html Which works great. So i can search for the records, but now i want to be able to edit and/or delete a record on the form. So ideally i would like a user to go into the form above (on Allen's website), search for a record, select a record from the results, the records ...
2 11/19/2008 4:49:40 AM
Combo Box
Can a combo box be set up where on the drop down list there are two columns and the second column's value is stored in the text when selected? I've set column count to 2 and bound column to 2 but the first column's value is the one displayed in the textbox on selection...???...
5 11/19/2008 1:20:41 AM
limit record on continous subform
hello how can i limit a number of record in a continous subform -- " So be it" Message posted via http://www.accessmonster.com ...
22 11/19/2008 1:20:39 AM
Rearrange tab control tabs
Hi, I had 3 tabs on a tab control and the user wanted a fourth added. No problem. However, it makes sense to place this new tab first. Any easy way to "drag" this 4th tab into the 1st position? Thanks. -- David...
9 11/19/2008 1:20:38 AM
File Save problems
I have a text file that is read into a Table. The file is not linked as I wish to alter/add records and record data. I have generated a FORM that reads the Table so that the USER can alter the records. Here is the problem: Microsoft forces me to use FORMATTED text data on the EXPORT and, exports to an additional file with a FORM suffix to the file name. I did not ask Access to do this but t...
15 11/19/2008 1:20:37 AM
Access 2007 not firing MS Forms 2.0 scrollbar control
I have developed a form in Access 2003 which uses the MS Forms 2.0 scrollbar control to enter data into a number of fields. When I run my database under Access 2003 it works perfectly, but when i run it under access 2007, the Update property is not firing at all. Anyone know if this is a bug, and if so, whether there is a fix available for it? ---------------- This post is a sugge...
2 11/19/2008 12:08:38 AM
font initialization error
I designed a mult-user access Database and when some users attempt to print a report, they receive a "Font Initialization Error" which crashes their DB. I can't recreate the error, so I can't find a way to fix. Is anyone aware of what could be causing this and how I can repair it? Any help would be greatly appreciated!! thanks! -- Amanda...
4 11/18/2008 11:49:59 PM
Clear form Command
Is there a command button to place on the form so that it will clear out all the data on that form so new data can be entered? Any help is appreciated. P.S. I dont want to add a new record. There should be one record only and I would clear out the old data to enter a new one. ...
2 11/18/2008 11:39:02 PM
Forms & Sums
I am new with Access, thank you ahead of time for your help! I need two forms, Products & Categories, to show like the below. In the Products form, I need to know how to sum the types for each product. In the Categories form, I need to be able to sum the types of all products. Ex: Product Form: Each Product is a different Record. The four different types are listed within each record. ...
8 11/18/2008 11:11:01 PM
Access Forms
Creating a Form from a Query. The Form will not allow me to update one of the Tables I'm using in the Query, and form. Why? -- Access User- ...
2 11/18/2008 7:26:34 PM
Hiding Duplicates in a Form
Is there a way I can hide duplicate values in a form (as in a report) that is displaying data returned from a query? In a form displaying data organized by project, displaying only the first occurrence of the project name would visually group all rows referring to a project. I have considered using conditional formatting (as I often do in Excel), but it's not clear if and how this ...
3 11/18/2008 6:29:02 PM
Auto-fill
Hi, In my Data Entry form has FULLNAM, FIRSTNAM and LASTNAM fields. Would you please show me how I can make the FIRSTNAM and LASTNAM text boxed are filled in by themselves after I entered people name in the FULLNAM textbox? Ex: If I entered SUE TRAN in the FullName textbox, The firstName "Sue" will appear in the FIRSTNAM text box and the TRAN will be seen on the LASTNAME text box. ...
6 11/18/2008 5:44:25 PM
Disable Page-up, Page-Down, Mouse Scroll
Hi, In Edit Mode I want the user to be constrained to the current record. That is, I want to disable page-up, page-down and mouse scroll. I've seen something on the web about disablind the page keys but the solution links to an event for each control. Surely there's something simpler? And that still leaves the issue of disabling mouse scroll. Can anyone suggest anything? Yours...
1 11/18/2008 5:21:04 PM
Requery from Click
I have set up a form so that a combo box is requeried when a change is made. But some of the fields are automatically populated thru the use of an update query so I don't change information in the fields most the time. I tried the following and it doesn't work. Is it possible to do a requery juts by clicking on the combo box field or entering it? Private Sub cbopartners_Click() Me...
4 11/19/2008 5:15:00 AM
Listbox locked on subform
Good day, I have a form (frmProjectView) which has a subform control. Depending on the button pressed on the main form, the subform will display different single forms, such as sProjectV. This subform in particular I am having an issue with a listbox control. The sProjectV has a record source of qProjectV (linked to a TempVars as the criteria). This has been tested and works. Howev...
1 11/19/2008 12:38:53 PM
Menu's
Hi there Is it possible to add menu options on a form that work similar to the "File, Edit, View, Tools" menu's on windows? -- Kind Regards Melissa Fleetwood ...
2 11/19/2008 2:23:16 PM
Report-like Presentation as subform
I have a form with a tab control on it. The form's control source is the WorkOrder table. On one of the tabs, I want to show hours worked against it. The hours are booked by "task" and "date", a simple header-detail structure. The tasks point to a single WO, and the hours (1 row per task/date) point back to the task. I want to show essentially a report-like structure where each task show...
1 11/19/2008 2:24:15 PM
Force focus go to subform
Hello again Friendly Experts, Hope you can help me out on my problem. I have a main form with a subform sources are from different tables and master/child link (RecNumber). The main form(Source MainTable) RecNumber is Autonumber and the subform(SubTable) RecNumber is number. The problem is that when user enter data and exit without going to subform it only create records in MainTable. W...
3 11/19/2008 3:04:00 PM
Newbie Needing Help
Hello all, and thanks in advance. I have done a search to see if this has already been discussed and I am sure it has but could not find anything on it. I am a newbie to Access so I do not have all the correct terminology down pat. So with that said, let’s give this a shot. I want to pull data from a excel spreadsheet, (TblBTRWork) which is linked, into a form which will have the fields on...
3 11/19/2008 4:48:13 PM
Merge current record to word and email
I need a command button to automatically open word, merge the current records (form) information into the word template then open a new message in outlook and have the word document as an attachment if that is at all a possibility that would help me out greatly Thanks, Dan vb illiterate...
1 11/19/2008 6:12:47 PM
612 Pages: <<  12  13  14  15  16  17  18  19  20  21  22  23  24  25  26  27  28  29  30  31  32  33  34  35  36  37  38  39  40  41  >>  

Home | Search | Terms | Imprint Contact
Newsgroups Reader - provided by WiredBox.Net