Group:  Microsoft Access » microsoft.public.access.forms

Geek News

Threads Replies Last Post
612 Pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  17  18  19  20  21  22  23  24  25  26  27  28  29  30  >>  
Find record in form based on 2 criteria
Experienced on Access, very newbie on this and coding I posted this twice yestrday under “forms”, the first one disappeared and the second one never showed up. Looking to put something on a form that would enable a search based on meeting criteria for two fields. For example: “Enter the first few letters of the company name” OK to require the user to include * ...
3 12/29/2008 10:36:01 PM
Subforms And Combo Boxes
Hello, Access 2007. I will try to explain my question as well as I know how, je je I want to have a form that has a subform which is in data sheetveiw. On the main form I would like to have 2 combo boxes on combo retrieves data from a table called dates. the other combo box retrieves data from a table called services. I would like to select a line from each combo box and when I pa...
2 12/29/2008 10:28:36 PM
2 field find / search criteria on a form
I posted this already and it disappeared. Experiences on Access (but not on this!), very newbie on code Looking to add something to a form to allow user to search for a record based on two criteria. For example: Enter the first few letters of the company name (can require user to enter * / wildcard if necessary Enter their city l An then it would go either to the firt record...
3 12/29/2008 8:59:01 PM
Pick Year and Pick Quarter
Is it possible to create a query to run behind the scenes and do this? I have a form and I would like the user to pick the year, and then they have a drop down that contains the quarters (Q1, Q2, Q3, or Q4). Based on the year they pick and the quarter, it puts the correct dates in the box. Example, I choose 2008 and Q2 - it auto populates April 1, 2008 into one box and June 30, 2008 into...
2 12/29/2008 8:49:39 PM
The same message appear-I want different each time i open a form
I have created a query that will randomly select a "quote" from a table. I also made it appear in a startup form.My problem is that whenever I open the form the same message appears. I want a different message whenever I open the form. Please help me do this. I know I'm missing just one thing here and I can't figure it out. I entered the following SQL in my table: SELECT TOP 1 [tblQuo...
3 12/29/2008 7:47:01 PM
Random Message
Hi, Can anyone help me display a random message on forms?...
5 12/29/2008 7:26:01 PM
Count tick boxes in subform
Hi I have a subform with several fields containing tick boxes and I need to count the number of ticks for each field. I understand I need a txt box for each total. Begining with one field [Book] I have the following expression in txtBookTotal =abs([Count]*[Book]) but this is not returning the answer I am expecting perhaps I should be using the sum or IIF function. If anyo...
3 12/29/2008 2:10:08 PM
Display Employee ID as cognate in Textbox
I have generated a 4 digit employee ID that displays in a textbox. I have two combo boxes that delineate which operations center and which team the employee is handled by. I want to display the employee number as a construct of these three pieces of information. For example the Employee 1234XY would work for Center X Team Y. The Teams and Centers Each have unique Alpha Codes. i.e, A,...
10 12/29/2008 12:48:28 PM
Text box contents not visible until exited
Access 2003 I have two forms, one for computers and one for printers. Each has a Purchase Date and Warranty Expiration Date. On each, the warranty expiration is calculated on the Before Update field of the Purchase date. Below is the code for the computer form. Input is via a text box. Private Sub Purchase_Date_BeforeUpdate(Cancel As Integer) If IsNull(Me.[Warranty_Expiration]) ...
4 12/29/2008 12:16:18 PM
DLookup Syntax Question
In a subform in datasheet view, I want a text box to return a value based upon a previous selection in a combo box. I am getting a invalid syntax error with the following information in the control source property of the text box =DLookup("WorkCode",[Work Codes]",[WorkCodeID]=" Forms![Time Cards Subform]!WorkcodeID) where the field, WorkCode, is the desired result from the table, Wo...
3 12/29/2008 5:49:10 AM
is there a way to unblurr a picture
can u help me, some of my pictures came out all blurry...
4 12/29/2008 3:14:23 AM
Access 2007 Form with macros that apply filter
I have a form that displays all the info for an employee table. I have buttons run macros (apply filter macros based on queries). There is a button for finding by employee name, a button for finding by employee id, a button for finding by manager, a button for finding by hire date, etc. etc. The first time I click a button the dialog box pops up and asks for the criteria (example name...
3 12/28/2008 8:01:00 PM
Slow Code
I have a subform with a control in the footer with this Control Source: =Count([DatePaid]) I have a control on the Main form with this Control Source: =IIf(Forms!MSmainform!Mssubform.Form.RecordsetClone.RecordCount=Forms! MSmainform!Mssubform.Form.Text171,"Paid","To Be Paid") I have the following Event Procedure: Private Sub Form_Current() If Text109 = "Paid" Then Text109.Vis...
17 12/28/2008 6:02:43 PM
Combo Box Filter
I have created a service form. The user is requested to chose the client's account number for the service requested. The service information is in the "Service Details" table and the account information is in the "Accounts" table. The Row Source of the Combo Box that I created in the service form cannot be filterd via the same type of query that I have used in previous versions of Acc...
2 12/28/2008 5:34:35 PM
where I can get template to traslation of the certified of birth
where I can get template to traslation of the certified of birth...
2 12/28/2008 5:24:33 PM
FileCopy a file to document folder
I want to use FileCopy to copy a file to user's Document folder. However, XP is My Document and Vista is Document and they are not in environmental variables. How to do that? Thanks. ...
2 12/28/2008 1:53:57 PM
STARTUP OPTIONS
I posted a message about startup options. I see there are 3 responses but when I click to see the responses it says community message not available. How can I view these messages? Thx...
2 12/28/2008 3:47:17 AM
Calendar driving me crazy
Good day I am redoing a bad flat file (one large 100 record) single table database into one with 6-8 proposed tables because the old one had 11 tabs in one form I used the ajbCalendar bound to a text box and copy and pasted into on record which was fine because I had the time with the new database I have too many forms to open and close to waste time copy and pasting dates I ...
4 12/28/2008 12:41:12 AM
Option Group SOS
I really trully trully need help on this in a fast way. I created an option group with 12 radio buttons if you will. These buttons are based on 12 fields in my New monitor Table, these fields represent the 12 Call Center. So If I select Option 1 it should attach the record to say Dental Call Center, however nothing happens, I change each Value to its appropriate number from 1 to twelv...
20 12/27/2008 11:51:03 PM
Printing Date Range of Forms
Merry Christmas to All... Is there any way to print forms in a date range...ie... "Print frm_Accepted... "Enter starting Date" "Enter Ending Date" Thanks in advance...
5 12/27/2008 11:40:01 PM
Touch screen form
Hi, I'm in the middle of creating a form to work with a touch screen, but would like to have the form completely fill the screen, not within a window of access, (eg. as a power point slide) is this possible? I only have the one monitor (the touch one). Many thanks in advance for your help.. -- steve adlam...
2 12/29/2008 2:11:57 PM
HI Small query
HI, 2 Queries 1) i have crated one project in Access and from the "Tools----->startup" i have taken "Switchboard" as a startup form i unchecked all menu bars and items, now i could not able to open the tables and reports. 2) how can i do calcutaions by using the entered values like "quantity" and "price"? could you pls give me an indea for this? Thanks and Regards, Anil show...
2 12/29/2008 5:26:29 PM
Forms, Field resizing
I'm trying to resize individual fields on a form but access keeps all the fields grouped. I know there is a way to allow individual formating but I can't remember it....
5 12/29/2008 11:37:38 PM
Allen Browne's "Filtering on a field in the Subform"
Re: http://allenbrowne.com/ser-28.html I am using Allen Browne's code to filter a field in my Subform. It works on some values I enter, but not all, and I have no clue as to why it doesn't find all the values. The code finds all the values, or none at all. Also, how does one "clear" the cboShowSup Combo box once a value has been entered, to then look for another? I would appreciate ...
4 12/30/2008 2:16:58 AM
Hyperlink to open specific record on form
Is there a way to have a hyperlink that opens to show a specific record on a form?...
3 12/29/2008 1:48:00 PM
612 Pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  17  18  19  20  21  22  23  24  25  26  27  28  29  30  >>  

Home | Search | Terms | Imprint Contact
Newsgroups Reader - provided by WiredBox.Net