Group:  Microsoft Access » microsoft.public.access.forms

Geek News

Threads Replies Last Post
612 Pages: <<  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  17  18  19  20  21  22  23  24  25  26  27  28  29  30  31  32  33  34  35  >>  
Subforms
Hi, I have a form which shows a patients assessment details and I would like to display the address details from another table. When i use a subform it displays in the datasheet view. Is it possible to display the subform in the Form view? thanks in advance. Davie...
4 11/30/2008 5:43:01 PM
entering top and left control positions in centimeters autocorrects
After having searched and ... searched, I decided to try this group as a last resort. When I manually enter the values for TOP and LEFT of a control in centimeters (european regional settings), for example : 1.455 and 3.78 access 2003 changes this into 1.456 and 3.79 so I have to go back in and enter 1.454 and 3.77 which access then changes into the desired 1.456 and 3.79 These are fic...
5 11/30/2008 8:56:38 AM
Preforming Access calulations
I'm trying to enter a date in one field and have the day auto fill a second field. How do I do this?...
2 11/30/2008 6:34:43 AM
2007 Report from Form and Query
I'm having a difficult time, done this in 2003 and using the old as a sample but still not getting a report based from fields on my form. I have two forms, frm_MainForm and sfrm_Report, I'm trying to base my report from a query. The forms are based on two tables and linked by ProjectID (autonumber) The query has both tables in it. and I'm trying to use two criteria ProjectID and ReportNu...
2 11/30/2008 4:26:24 AM
Prevent Update of a table related to a form based on condition
Hai, I have a for called "Item" that has its control source set to "Item" Table. I have a subform called "Distribution" with its control source set to "Distribution" table embedded within the "Item" Form.What is observed is, if all the fields in the "Item Form" is filled without filling the Distribution Subform and the form closed the table "Item" is updated. I want to prevent this u...
2 11/30/2008 2:38:06 AM
Adding one to one-to-many relationship
How do I add records to the 'one' side of a one to many relationship if the 'many' side records already exist? I have to get the primary key value from the 'one' record into the foreign key value of multiple 'many' records. What's the best way to accomplish this through forms? Thanks for any help. Rip ...
4 11/30/2008 2:04:44 AM
Calendar Woes
Access 2007, XP pro Having a Calendar issue, can't figure out. I would certianly appreciate any help or direction. Here the case: StartDate, format dd-mmm, has Popcalendar() , works fine NumbSession format Text. usally numbers 1 thru 10 EndDate format dd-mmm has a popCalendar also, but I want EndDate to be the same as StartDate "if" NumbSession =1, else I want to use popcalendar ...
6 11/29/2008 2:51:31 PM
REPOST: Bug in tab control? Access 2007
Hi Maurice, thanks for your response. Took me a while to reproduce, but by now, I think I know what the problem is. The caveat is the dynamic number of pages. to reproduce take the following steps; 1) empty database 2) create form named "Form1" - set form popup to yes. - put a tabcontrol in there, covering most of the detail section - Set the anchoring of the tabctrl to strech ac...
2 11/29/2008 11:13:01 AM
How to make automatically fill
Sorry for re-write this, cause I have been waiting for days but no reply of it. I am sorry for not complete description last time. Well, actually it complicated for me to explain cause I use subform on my form. Let say I have two table 1st is tblworker and 2nd is tblStock. tblStock is put on the subform. I put many text box on the subform from tblStock fields, two of it are BadgeNo & WorkerN...
4 11/29/2008 5:26:52 AM
list box alignment
Is it possible to align numbers to the right in a list box? How? Thanks, Mirek...
3 11/28/2008 7:01:01 PM
Tabs/Cursor Control
I have a Form (Job Details) which has 2 sub-forms (Job Hours) and (Job Costs) attached to it. I use the 2 sub-forms for data entry and when I complete a new record for Job Hours or Job Costs I want the cursor to move automatically to a new record instead it jumps to the first tab position on the main form (Job Details). How do I overcome this ??? -- willsth...
2 11/28/2008 5:00:05 PM
Switch form view (continuous-single) via code (2003/2007)
I have a form that I'm using to review and add comments about a particular item on another form. The use clicks "Comment" on the main form, and frm_Comment pops up in a continuous mode so the user can review the comments that are already there (with AllowAdditions set to No). What I want to do is allow my users to click an Add button, which will change the view to single form view whil...
3 11/28/2008 3:45:29 PM
How do i make a query with fields taken from a form?
Can a query be made with the field names chosen in a dropdown box in a form? I want to be able to run the same query over multiple different tables with different names, but i cannot change the tables. So i want to be able to choose the columns in a form, to be used in a query. Thanks Tom...
4 11/28/2008 3:00:49 PM
Clear Bound Control
Access 2007 Vista I have a form with three fields StartDate format date dd-mmm Dlbl click has popCalendar() NumbSession, integer EndDate format date dd-mmm Dlbl click has popCalendar() also EndDate needs to show the same date as StartDate if NumbSession < 2 but if Numbe Session is >1 then EndDate needs to be set with popCalendar. PopCalendar works for bot...
2 11/28/2008 10:45:28 AM
Prompt for Criteria Field When Opening Form
I have a form that I use to populate a table. Some fields get data entered directly. Some are combo boxes, allowing selections from other tables. After the table has been populated, I want to open the form from the switchboard in edit mode. But I want the user to be prompted for one criteria when opening the form so the user only sees his records. For example the criteria field is employe...
8 11/27/2008 11:38:01 PM
Form that Makes Table
Hey All, I have a form where data is entered and saved to a table. When I save the form it generates the next number in an 'Autonumber' column. I want to generate the 'Autonumber' prior to actually saving the record in order to provide that # to my clients. I'm entering IT Trouble Tickets and I want to provide the client with their # prior to actually saving the record. Thanks ...
2 11/27/2008 11:32:31 PM
Using A Dlookup Function On A Form When A Combo Box is Updated
Hi, I have a combo box. This combo box looks up dates in a query. I have the following code in the afterupdate event procedure. When I do this, it tells me "Invalid Use Of null". I don't understand what the problem could be. I use the dlookup function in like 30 other places in my database...Does anyone have any ideas? Also, you should know I had set the control source to this dlook...
3 11/27/2008 8:41:20 PM
Disappearing records in datasheet view
I have a subform in datasheet view into which users enter a value in a single field for each record. There are other fields but they are filled automatically and are locked. Users complaining that after entry of 10-20 records, the records disappear from the screen and the datasheet returns to a state like they just opened it - with just the first empty row appearing ready for entry. Inve...
3 11/27/2008 7:51:24 PM
¹þ¹þ
ÄãÃǺ㬠ÎÒÊÇÀÖÁÖС×Ó£¬Ï£Íû½»¸öÅóÓÑ£¬ºÃÂ𣿠...
1 11/27/2008 2:28:50 PM
Creating a form for checkout (college project).
Hello i'm doing a college project at the moment which is to design a database system, i know php, html, xhtml, dhtml, js, css, php, sql. I do not know VB but can understand when i read the code but cant create or think of solutions. The form i want to create for checkout i would need a field which is a dropmenu of products, once a product been entered another row comes up to enter a ...
3 11/27/2008 12:28:01 PM
Creating a form for checkout q2 (college project)
Hello i got a table of products, but i also got a table of special offers and another table to link them both together, theres only two types of offers, bogoff (buy one get one free) and percentage, if the offer_type is percentage the offer field would be how much percentage you would save, when the form gets the price of the product (if i finish doing form from question 1 i submitted be...
1 11/27/2008 11:51:01 AM
Recording time spent on a record
Hi All I need to record the amount of time a user spends on any record displayed in an Form (A2003). And if the record is revisited record that time too. What is the best approach to this? TIA johnb...
7 11/27/2008 9:14:00 AM
Automatically transfer control properties
Hi, access 2003 I have a reference form with controls and I need to adjust several other forms in the same way. So I go over alle controls and manually type over the props of the reference controls on the reference form. Is there a way to automate this or so? Handy would be a format painter that 1) covers all the controls props 2) works intermediate between 2 different forms (or e...
3 11/27/2008 8:20:12 AM
unlinking label from autofield
Hi, I have to move some controls but their labels are attached to it. Is there another way to disconnect the label from the control, other than cut and paste the label itself? Regards, Rudi....
3 11/27/2008 8:12:55 AM
Passing Variables inot search Criteria
Can anyone help me with this one I want to pass 2 variables into a search criteria to use with FINDFIRST strsearch = "strcol = '" & strval & "'" & "" Set rst = mdb.OpenRecordset(strtable, dbOpenDynaset) With rst .FindFirst (strsearch) End With strcol is a string variable containing the column name in the table, and strval is the value to find. Normally I use a pr...
3 11/27/2008 8:08:50 AM
612 Pages: <<  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  17  18  19  20  21  22  23  24  25  26  27  28  29  30  31  32  33  34  35  >>  

Home | Search | Terms | Imprint Contact
Newsgroups Reader - provided by WiredBox.Net