Group:  Microsoft Access ยป microsoft.public.access.forms

Geek News

Threads Replies Last Post
612 Pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  17  18  19  20  21  22  23  24  25  26  27  28  29  30  >>  
Rotating List Displays
hello, I am wondering if it is possible to change the direction of the contents of a list box from vertical to horizontal? eg from A B C to ABC Any ideas? Thanks, ...
2 12/12/2008 12:45:50 PM
how do I let a form automatically play music when opening?
I made a formin Access 2007 with a MIDI-file that I would like to play automatically as soon as the form opens....
6 12/12/2008 11:18:39 AM
From VB, check if runtime or full Access
Hi From a visual basic program, I want to check if a user has the runtime or full version of Access. How would I do this? Thanks Simeon ...
19 12/12/2008 8:43:46 AM
secured tabbed page on a form with password box
i have created a database with a form that has 5 tabbed pages that interlinks information about a client in a doctor's office. I would like for everyone in the office to have access to all of the form and 4 of the tabbed pages. I would like to secure one tabbed page in the form to be password protected. I created a table for a password. I created a control button to open a form window and...
2 12/12/2008 2:37:34 AM
How do I print the tab order list?
I have well over 100 controls on a form. It would be very helpful if I could print the tab order list, rather than have to figure it out in that tiny window. Any ideas?...
2 12/12/2008 1:02:13 AM
Cycling Through Every Record in a table/subform When the boolean column is selected
Hi, I have a subform based on a recordset. I have a boolean column where the user can select the checkbox to the left of the record. If the user selects the checkbox, I want to check to see if the field exactly to the right (DeptID) equals a field on my form. If it does, then that fabulous. If not, then I want to uncheck all boolean values in the table and display a message box. How w...
3 12/11/2008 10:50:54 PM
Struggling with calculated field on form
I have a table that has a field for # of days used (tb_Labor), and another table (Employees) that has a field for Cost perday, for each employee....I've built a form and show the one field for the days, but want another that calculates the cost perday * the # of days, once i enter something in the days field. I know I shouldn't store this in a table, from all i've been reading here, but...
8 12/11/2008 10:07:01 PM
Form OnDelete Event Problem...
I have 2 unbound subforms I am working with. When entries are added to the first, I run code ending with a Requery of the second. I am trying to do the same thing for when a record is removed. Using the form's OnDelete event I am able to execute code; however, even though I again end with a Requery of the second form, the results suggest that the Requery doesn't actually fire. Here...
4 12/11/2008 9:56:04 PM
Struggling to set the value of a field in a form automatically
I have a form I created that is based off a table I created. There are also two subforms within this form that are based off two other tables. In this form I want to set the value of a field equal to the value of the same field from the last record + 1. This way each time I open the form the next sequential value automatically appears without me having to input it. I can't use the au...
2 12/11/2008 9:53:55 PM
Toolbars come and go?
I'm designing a basic master form that contains several controls including subformas displayed as datasheets. The problem is that as the user navigates into or out of a datasheet subform, Access displays toggles the display of form related toolbars as the context and focus dictate. The practical issues is that as toolbars come and go as the user navigates, it shift the form up and down...
5 12/11/2008 8:54:01 PM
Show Users Logged On
Hello all, I found some sample code that shows which users are logged into the current database. Based on the code though, you have to open the Immediate Window in the VB editor in order to see who is logged on. Is there a way to modify the code below so it will open a popup window and display the current users logged in? Any help on this will be greatly appreciated :-) -S Co...
9 12/11/2008 8:14:01 PM
Primary Keys
All, Here is my dilemma. I have a table listing item#'s and item descriptions. The item# is the primary key. I have a form that captures item# description and other information. I would like the description field to auto fill once the item# is entered. I can not use a combo box as there will be nearly 1000 items. Any help or suggestions would be appreciated. Jamie...
4 12/11/2008 2:26:21 PM
Switch between datasheet mode and single form view
Hi Guys, I want to be able to select between 2 view modes - Datasheet mode and Singe Form Mode. Currently I am using the menu toolbar via - selecting: View, Subform, Form or Datasheet. Is there any way that I can provide a pushbutton on my form that can automatically toggle between the 2 views via code?? Cheers, Thnaks for your assistance!!...
5 12/11/2008 1:48:34 PM
Parameter Query Linked to a Form
I have a question that maybe can be easily answered. If VBA Coding is required, please help me with this, as I am new to VBA and I am just starting to learn it. I have a form, that when opened, a parameter box appears asking for a date. When I enter the desired date, all the records (Employees) pertaining to the date show up on the form for editing in Contunuous Form View. I am ok ...
4 12/11/2008 1:32:57 PM
Field on form required depending on value in another field
Hi, I've seen several useful for suggestions for how to get a field in a form to be required based on the value in another field, but none of the code provided is working for me. I think it may have something to do with the fact that the "if" statement involves text -- I've been using the asterisk to stand in for the rest of the string (i.e., only the first few words need to be presen...
4 12/11/2008 5:57:07 AM
DLookup Issues
Looking for someone with a lot of patience to answer my DLookup question. Let me start by saying I am weak at best when it comes to expressions/codes so be gentle. I have a table, tbltest, that has the following fields: testID = Autonumber test# = Identifies the particular test. I have several 100 series tests (101, 102, 103 etc.), 200 series, 300 series, etc. rule = Identifies the...
6 12/11/2008 4:04:00 AM
How do I create fillable lines that do not move?
I am creating an application. I need to create sections like Name, address, member number, etc. so that the lines are fillable,but do not move....
2 12/11/2008 12:43:29 AM
Attachment in Query (is it possible?)
Ok, try this to simulate my problem. Create a table that has on text field and one attachment field. Create a second table, and insert the text field column of the first table into the second table. This will create the relationship. Creat a query, that has the text field from the second table (the lookup field that came from the first table), and the attachment of the first table. ...
1 12/10/2008 11:35:00 PM
Textbox Condition and Validations
Hi all, any suggestion on how to make this work: Private Sub NEXT_Click() On Error GoTo Exit_NEXT_Click: If Nz(iSTATUS, "") = "" Then MsgBox "Select a Status to continue", vbOKOnly, "Missing Data" DoCmd.CancelEvent iSTATUS.SetFocus If Nz(iSTATUS, "") = "yes" And Nz(sDATE, "") = "" Then MsgBox "Enter a valid Date to continue", vbOKOn...
5 12/10/2008 11:17:58 PM
Is this even possible?
I'm no access guru, but I've been asked to update a small database that has one form in it. This form is used for a call centre, and they want me to create a button that will allow them to create a new "ticket", but with specific defaults that are different from the regular "add new" that they can already do? Make sense? Any help on this would be greatly appreciated... I'm still searc...
3 12/10/2008 11:05:05 PM
Restrict entry in field
Combo Box #1 is "Result" and has two choices: Pass and Fail. Combo Box #2 is "Action Taken" and has three choices: Verbal Counseling, Written Reprimand, and Discipline. I would like the Action Taken field to remain blanked or grayed out unless someone chooses Fail in the Result field. I am just not really sure how to go about doing this. I appreciate any help someone might give. v...
7 12/10/2008 10:54:01 PM
Please help with this access problem. My buisness depends onit
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0028_01C95AD5.B9882110 Content-Type: multipart/alternative; boundary="----=_NextPart_001_0029_01C95AD5.B9882110" ------=_NextPart_001_0029_01C95AD5.B9882110 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="Utf-8" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable hello everybody my name=20 is harry. i like to cook pizza i ...
1 12/10/2008 10:43:54 PM
Text box "flashes" when clicked
I have a text box using a query as a recordsource. The Click event sets the filter property of the parent form to the value selected in the text box. Every time I click the text box, the items disappear for a brief second and then re-appear. I do not explicitly requery the text box, but am guessgin that somehow the act of setting the filter on the parent form results in a requery, cau...
2 12/11/2008 3:36:02 PM
Filtering Queries from List Box
Hi all, I have a query which shows staff members and their campaigns. The 'criteria' part of the query looks up the staff member selected in a report's list box and filters for that staff member. So for example, if the user selects 'Joe Bloggs' on the report' list box, the query will filter to only show records that belong to Joe Bloggs'. This works fine, but I want to be able to pr...
1 12/11/2008 6:33:01 PM
Coding combo boxes
I need to have someone confirm I am not going nuts. After working in Access Form 2003 on my last project, use a little bit of VB code enabled me to build in a little more function and some nice to have things, like clearing the combo box once the user selected the record they wanted on the form. Now working in 2007, when I open the VB code all the code is either hidden or I am not hold...
3 12/11/2008 6:53:02 PM
612 Pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  17  18  19  20  21  22  23  24  25  26  27  28  29  30  >>  

Home | Search | Terms | Imprint Contact
Newsgroups Reader - provided by WiredBox.Net