Group:  Microsoft Access » microsoft.public.access.forms

Geek News

Threads Replies Last Post
612 Pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  17  18  19  20  21  22  23  24  25  26  27  28  29  30  >>  
list box default value
I have a form containing a list box for which I do not want a default value. I can not figure out how to make the list box "not have" a default value. Can someone help? -- Anne-Marie...
4 12/23/2008 8:57:47 PM
Adding Fields To A Combo Box Does Not Work - Field Reverts To First Value In List
Hi, I have a login combo box where the user can select his/her name from the drop down menu. This combo box looks up values from a table. When I add a new value to this table and then try to select it from the drop down menu and move to a new field, it reverts back to the first value in the combo box. Why is this and how can I fix it?...
2 12/23/2008 8:56:48 PM
Need help with looping through records to email report
Hello, I have been working on a problem in my spare time for a few weeks now, I have finally made some progress but I need some additional help. I work in a hospital laboratory where we are required to keep track of procedures read, continuing education seminars attended, etc. The hospital has a webform program which employees use to enter the information. There is a separate form for ...
6 12/23/2008 8:19:08 PM
Forms
I have created a form that consists of data from 5 separate tables (form is therefore based on a query). The data for each table is placed on a single tab on the one form. After inputting, the data is placed into the tables but after saving and opening again, the form shows no records (data has been placed into appropriate tables). I need to be able to open the form and allow users to se...
6 12/23/2008 7:43:01 PM
uninstall an application installed with the Package Wizard
When you uninstall an application installed with the Package Wizard of Extensions for Access 2003, requesting the installation disks, but that if for some reason are not accurate with discs which was installed, it can never remove it....
3 12/23/2008 7:39:37 PM
Run time error
I’m using Access ’07, and I have a form that opens from a switchboard for the end-user. Everything opens and closes without problems until I deselect the Display Navigation Pane option under Current Database Options. If a user opens the form from the switchboard, then closes Access (without closing the form first), they get “Run-time error -2147352567 (8000200009): You can’t as...
2 12/23/2008 7:18:01 PM
want to count this statement:
i have a table named employees and it contains the following data: employee_name - department - titles - job i want to count how many Engineer in the department named project control i used this but it not worked =DCount("[titels]"; "[Employees]"; "[title] = 'Engineer '"& [department]=project control) it gives me error so what is the problem ...
7 12/23/2008 5:10:20 PM
MonthCalendar question
I've imported Leban's MonthCalendar into my A2K program, and generally it works great. But I'm having a nagging problem I've not figured out. Several of my forms have tab controls, and on those, I've placed 4-6 continuous subforms. Since the subforms have a date field, I've inserted Leban's code on the double click event. What I've noticed is that when I close the form, I should retu...
1 12/23/2008 1:36:01 PM
=Format(Month(Date()),"mmmm") returning wrong month!
Hi there! I'm having a rather strange problem - can you help =Month(Date()) returns the value 12, which is good as it is currently December. =Format(Month(Date()),"mmmm") returns the value January which is not so good.....
6 12/23/2008 11:40:37 AM
Carry over values from previous record
I'm trying to use Allen Browne's carry over function (http:// allenbrowne.com/ser-24.html) to carry over (i.e., copy) data from the previous record to a new record. In my case, however, the data I need to carry over are spread across *three* tables (instead of one table, which is what I think his code was designed to handle). Can his code be adjusted to make this work? Here's the situati...
7 12/23/2008 2:37:01 AM
transfer data from one listbox to another
Hi, I have a question in regards to adding items from a listbox to another listbox in the Purchase Order form. There are two Listboxes. One shows the whole list of items available in the store and the other one shows only the items selected from the first listbox. For example, In the first listbox, there are four columns with the first one (ItemID) not being shown in the listbox...
3 12/23/2008 12:20:02 AM
Button to launch report not working
I just upgraded to Access 2007 but the database I am creating must stay in 2003 for my users. In creating a button that should launch a report it doesn't work. Everything else works but that ... am I missing something? Thanks -- Jacqueline...
4 12/22/2008 10:54:04 PM
Set Value Look-up?
Ok I am going to try and explain this the best I can.. I have two forms the first form I have has a field on it that is based on another small table called part supplier on the second form i have another field that is called To but it is a list of the part suppliers addresses i want to have a macro or some on click event that when i click a button on the first form it opens the second form a...
2 12/22/2008 10:04:07 PM
How To sort
How to Sort Names in the reports or forms By there Job Titles : For example: If you have some Employees in dept and they Have a Manager and Project Director and then the Seniors etc... So how to Sort the Employees names By there Job Titles in the or report for each department Not alphabetic like the following table :- Department Name------------------------------- ___________________...
4 12/22/2008 9:17:53 PM
Best Way to Reference Subform Data
Hi, I have a Form_1 which contians Subform_1. Subform_1 appears in datasheet view and displays a the number of actions for each staff member. So the fields are: Staff_Name (text) Action_Count (number) Now suppose Joe.Bloggs had 26 actions and Paul.Smith had 35. If a user clicks on the cell which displays number 26, I want to run Query_1 which shows actions for Joe.Bloggs on...
2 12/22/2008 6:55:06 PM
Cancel form changes
Hello I have a form which records nil returns (no absense) for staff absences. The form opens, created a new record, and it automaticall fills in the person team based on user. There is a calender button to allow them to choose the week end. There is a sub form that shows all the past returns that have been done, linked by team to the main form. As soon as a new record is created a n...
5 12/22/2008 5:14:05 PM
how to calculate days
I work in company that takes 2 days for weekend it's Friday and Saturday and all the holidays that may be more than one day such as Eid El Adha is more than 3 days continuously. So i made a form for entering the vacation for each employee in the company like the following : the main form : Emp name , Department , and then the sub form like the following: Date from , Period , Date to , kind...
4 12/22/2008 4:55:03 PM
Linked Forms Unlike Form/Subforms in Not Passing Primary Key Value
Why won't linked forms work like subforms embedded in main forms? When a primary key value (e.g., client I.D.) is entered on a main form, the value is passed to an embedded subform. However, when a primary key value is entered on the main form and the subform is only linked (and synchronized), the value is not passed. Once the value is manually entered, the two linked forms work toget...
9 12/22/2008 11:15:01 PM
Display Chart when open
I have a chart in a form. When the form opens, the chart is blank until I click somewhere on the screen. I have tried repaint and requery but it makes no difference. Tried setfocus to another part of the form but that does not work either. Using Access 2003 running on Vista....
1 12/23/2008 2:14:01 AM
No Report when subform is null
I have a MainForm with a small Subform to choose a contractors name. The subform is in a tab. I have other info in the same tab to fill in relating to a project. I have a report that has both the tab and subform info. When I click on the cmdButton to preview the report it doesn't show the info unless the subform has info in it. I would like to be able to show the info from the tab even wh...
1 12/23/2008 3:10:31 AM
Data entry
Hello, I am trying to figure out how i can make a form and enter info without it being displayed when i go back to enter more info. Basically, i do not want to be able to see the other records in the form entry ...
2 12/23/2008 4:08:49 AM
Disable Paste in Form Record Selector
I would like to disable or prevent pasting a whole record with a form Record Selector. Can it be done? The user can add a record in a new line. The Record Selector is used in that form to select records to delete them or to do summation of records for a certain field. So I do not want to disable the Record Selector. I just want to prevent pasting through it, since I might cause errors i...
2 12/23/2008 6:26:01 AM
RTF-format on Note i a Subform
Using Access 2007 on Vista. I have a subform with a Note-field that i formatet as RTF-text. My problem is that the buttons for Bold, Underline and Fontcolor on the Ribbon are not working when i run the form as a subform. It's working fine when i open the subform alone, but not when it is in another form. I've checked the properties for the subform within the mainform, but cannot find any...
3 12/23/2008 9:38:01 AM
Access 97 Conversion to 2007
I have several databases that are created in Access 97, all have a fair amount of coding in the forms, and my IT department would like to upgrade our systems to Office 2007. I know that there were a lot of conversion issues in going from '97 to '00 and '03, which is why we remained on the old platform, but my IT guy is telling me that the '07 version will work fine, including all of the co...
7 12/24/2008 1:45:21 AM
Truncated Memo field displayed on form
Hi, I know this is probably a rather tiresome query, but I've surfed the net endlessly and not found a solution. I'm creating a classroom planning/assessment database application (the new Learning Essentials for those involved in Australian Education). The system I'm creating, database-wise, is a little complicated (I am an absolute self-taught beginner, so please be kind and precise...
8 12/22/2008 9:30:58 PM
612 Pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  17  18  19  20  21  22  23  24  25  26  27  28  29  30  >>  

Home | Search | Terms | Imprint Contact
Newsgroups Reader - provided by WiredBox.Net