Group:  Microsoft Access » microsoft.public.access.externaldata

Geek News

Threads Replies Last Post
139 Pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  17  18  19  20  21  22  23  24  25  26  27  28  29  30  >>  
Output to Excel
Hi, I'd like to export data to an excel file using macro, OutputTo action, Output Format = Excel 97 - Excel 2003 Workbook (*.xls). No problem in Access 2007, but using Access runtime 2003 I get error message that output format is not available. Thanks for any help Dasha...
3 12/10/2008 2:06:03 PM
Excel File - Microsoft Access
Hi all, i would want to be able to import data from an excel file into a MS access database.. Pls check my codes to see what is wrong. 1. I've created a Primary key - APCITID increment of 1 in MS Access table 2. The table name is called "APCITI" 3. The Message Box Shows "The Import is Complete!" however no data goes in the Access Database. 4. Overall, the coding doesn't show any erro...
1 12/10/2008 8:40:01 AM
Using Access to Publish Files to Website and View in Browser Windo
There was a way (in previous versions of Access) to connect to a website or other server via ftp and publish files. You could also view files within a browser window (IE) within Access. Can you do that with Access 2007?....How?...
1 12/10/2008 2:46:01 AM
I have link an excel table to my access table and having problem
I have link an excel table to my access table and want to use a form in Access to update or add record to my access Form and at the same time update my excel worksheet. But it tells me I can't add or update my records. And help...
2 12/9/2008 10:18:27 PM
macro output to - need to make it automatic and unique
Is there a way to pass the contents of a field to the filename to make each outputted file unique based on the input parameter for the report?...
1 12/9/2008 8:16:11 PM
Importing Error
I was using Access 2002 and when I upgraded to 2007, it was running much slower. So I decided to try this. Create a new database in 2007 and import everything from my database file. However, when I did this, all of my events that have an event procedure give me an error. See for screen shot of error: http://www.gotmerchant.com/error.jpg They worked just fine before? Curtis ...
2 12/9/2008 5:57:01 PM
Who knows?
Who knows what method createNewDocument () of object Hyperlink is doing? It sounds that it is just opening a new empty document but if this is the case I do not understand why it is a member of the Hyperlink object...
1 12/8/2008 7:35:47 PM
web query
how can i make a web query and download automaticly from the web (such as in excel) with access VBA...
1 12/7/2008 9:20:24 PM
Returning XML data from SQL Server Stored Procedure
I have a Stored Proccedure in my SQL Server Database that queries the database and returnsa hierarchical XML string. How can I call this stored procedure from MS Access so that I can retrieve this XML string and write it out to a file. My Code looks like this Sub test081207_1() Dim x As String Dim conn As ADODB.Connection Set conn = New ADODB.Connection conn.Connec...
1 12/7/2008 3:31:39 AM
Export undefined queries to excel file
I would like to call customised view and export to excel file for users to use. However, users have the right to choose what field should be shown and what table should be included. Problem comes. Although I can compose the SQL in VBA, however, I cannot export a excel file from a SQL statement or a recordset. Anyway I can do so? I cannot export a query or a table because the query for...
3 12/6/2008 8:47:56 PM
Retrieving data from access database in world wide web
I have created a bibiliographic database using Access 2003. I have designed necessary forms for user interface to retrieve data. Tables, parameter queries and forms including necessary visual basic codes are designed for proper functioning of the database. I want to make this database web-enabled. So that data can be retreived from this database through internet maintainig necessary secu...
2 12/6/2008 8:43:04 PM
Setting destination file default
Using Access 2007, I would like to change the default destination when exporting data to Excel (in other words, I don't want to have to click "Browse" and find where I want to save the data every time). How do I do this? Thanks, Eric...
2 12/6/2008 7:37:00 AM
Import Trailing Spaces
I am using Access 2003 and have an issue. I am importing a delimited text file with a pipe delimiter. I have one field named or_name. I need to have the trailing spaces imported with the field name. Access truncates the spaces on import, and it does import the leading spaces. This is the only field I need to have the trailing spaces imported. I am using the code: DoCmd.TransferText acI...
9 12/5/2008 9:02:25 PM
Access with MySQL + SQL Server
I'm not an Access user, so please forgive my ignorance. Can Access be used to join tables in two different database architectures? Specifically, I have a table in a MySQL database and another in Microsoft SQL Server. I'd like to do a join on these tables to create a report. Can Access's link to external tables be used to create such a join? Thanks, Ed Hass ...
4 12/5/2008 5:33:36 PM
Best way to replicate data to 2 tables?
I have 2 tables within the same database (Table 1) has about 15 fields (Table 2) has 10. The following fields are exactly the same in both tables: CLM_NBR, CLMNT_SSN CLMNT_FRST_NME CLMNT_MID_NME CLMNT_LAST_NME CLMNT_AGE CLMNT_DTE_OF_INJR CLM_EX_NAME DTE_OF_INT_REV I would like to see the same data replicated(i think thats the method) from these fields in (Table 1) in (Table 2). H...
6 12/5/2008 4:48:16 PM
import parsing
attempting to import fields from a bang delimited text file, some fileds contain |+/-1,234| as an example. the result of the import is that the field is parsed as 1,234. what happened to the +/-? -- Message posted via http://www.accessmonster.com ...
4 12/5/2008 4:45:49 PM
Importing Data
Can anyone help? I have an excel Spreadsheet with information on that I want to import. However what I want to do is just to import the data that matches contacts in the database and import only 2 columns, short of going through each record to see which ones are in I'm not sure of a solution....
2 12/5/2008 1:33:55 PM
Validate Structure from text file with the spec
Hi Everybody, I have importing a text file (.csv) with specification on my database, how to make to validate (with VBA) the importation if the text file does not correspond to the parameters of my specification? Thank you for your assistance Carlos Dante ...
2 12/5/2008 10:26:24 AM
copying or importing from Word
I cannot find this answer to what I thought was a simple request. I am gathering about 5 fields worth of data off of emails over time (name, city, etc) and have entered them into a word table then copied them into a DB with same fields. When I copy and paste I often get partial results or more often "do you want to paste into 2,3 or 4 records" which then requires me to cut and paste in ...
4 12/5/2008 2:30:01 AM
Excel Data Import
Hi Everyone, I have an excel table that looks something like this Student Address Hotel John Doe 123 Somewhere St. Regency Jane Doe 456 No Where St. Regency John Smith 789 Blvd. Regency I made a dropdown for the Hotel, but there are multiple same name hotel. What VB code do I use so that the drop down does n...
2 12/5/2008 1:54:00 AM
Export Rows as CSV / Covert Rows to Columns
I have a table that I need to export as a csv but when I do it causes my one column to be in rows and the values are not seperated by commas. Sorry if that's confusing; it is exporting the table like this (no header): 3654 5643 1234 And I need it to export that column like this: 3654;5643;1234 But I have to do that programatically because this is an export that will be continua...
3 12/4/2008 3:43:01 PM
Export column [ExclComp] as Excludable Compensation
Hi everyone! I'm using A02 on XP. I have this nice little macro that exports a query via 'TransferSpreadsheet' and names it using the contract number ="S:\RPS\PTS\CensusConversion\ToClient\" & [Forms]![fCensus1Conversion]![RunThisOne] & ".xls" It has run well for a few years now. The client is sent the exported file, they update data, add and delete employees and return it. We re-imp...
2 12/4/2008 3:37:24 AM
How to get log record for USB to PC & PC to USB file transfer
Hi All, I am Arun. I want to know how to get the log record for the file transfer between USB drive and a PC in Windows XP ? . Please give me your valuable answers. My mail ID is : prasathj@gmail.com Thanks in Advance , Arun Prasath J ...
1 12/3/2008 11:35:34 AM
acOutputQuery - charater sets, iso or something else is wrong?
Hi I am having problem with Access 2007 not able to export data correctly. Im using a code similar to this, to make an export to RTF: DoCmd.OutputTo acOutputQuery, <filename>, acFormatRTF, <datasource> The problem is that it cannot export certain characters. A Danish ø gets converted to ų, æ gets converted to ę. In Access 2003 there is no problem. Any one have an ide...
1 12/10/2008 2:07:28 PM
Editing/Updating XML Data Output from Access
What is the best programming language (PHP, Javascript, ect.) to use to update XML data exported from Access to a website (to be imported back into Access from website)?...
1 12/10/2008 2:58:36 PM
139 Pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  17  18  19  20  21  22  23  24  25  26  27  28  29  30  >>  

Home | Search | Terms | Imprint Contact
Newsgroups Reader - provided by WiredBox.Net