Group:  Microsoft Access » microsoft.public.access

Geek News

Threads Replies Last Post
1410 Pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  17  18  19  20  21  22  23  24  25  26  27  28  29  30  >>  
How to update a Yes/No fields when other Yes/No fields change
Hello, I have following fields on 1 form: date ___ Diploma Achieved: [ ] (Yes/No type field) date ___ Subject 1 Achieved: [ ] (Yes/No type field) date ___ Subject 2 Achieved: [ ] (Yes/No type field) date ___ Subject 3 Achieved: [ ] (Yes/No type field) etc. What I would like to do is: When ever a subject achieved is clicked as True, I want a macr...
9 12/31/2008 12:00:03 AM
Copy Excel Formula to Access
In Excel I have this formula and it works like a charm for cell M2. =IF(ISBLANK(C2),"",IF(ISBLANK(L2),DATEDIF(C2,TODAY(),"y") & " years, " & DATEDIF(C2,TODAY(),"ym") & " months, " & DATEDIF(C2,TODAY(),"md") & " days",DATEDIF(C2,L2,"y") & " years, " & DATEDIF(C2,L2,"ym") & " months, " & DATEDIF(C2,L2,"md") & " days")) I have the same three fields in Access but I have no idea how to copy...
7 12/30/2008 11:24:19 PM
bug still uncorrected in access 2007
I have access 2007 sp1, vista service pack 1. I take a report in design mode, go to page setup, ask to print on a specific printer, change custom paper size and save the report. I take the same report in design mode, go to page setup-> My changes have not been saved. The only way I have to save the printer settings in the report is to modify the report using a previous access version...
2 12/30/2008 11:07:09 PM
2 Easy Questions?
This should be simple but I can't find it in Help. I am using Access '03. 1. How can I remove the Grid/Border lines of the Field's information when I print. (I.E. I would like it to say, Name and then the Name of the person...without a box around it.) 2.I have a report and I want it to print two records per page. Can I do this??? I have set the report in design view f...
5 12/30/2008 10:46:11 PM
How do i view queries by description in Access 2007?
In Access 2000/03 i could sort and view my list of queries by the description, which was entered through a dialog box for each query. I cannot find the settings for Nagivation pane that allow me to see the description and sort by like I did in the database window in Access 2000/03.. Any help would be appreciated...
5 12/30/2008 10:43:49 PM
Quick Report Questions with some background info (just in case).
Using Access '03...Reports... I have a report and designed the margins and the format (design) to have the ability(space) to fit two records on one page. However, I can't seem to get Access to go to the next record and place it on the same page (and so on). All I have room for is two records per page... so, I have tried three ways (listed below) with no success. I greatly apprecia...
2 12/30/2008 10:34:03 PM
Irritating person a a r o n _ k e m p f
Hi Aaron, I've only been reading messages for a few days on this group, and I have to say: you are the most negative, obnoxious person I have ever seen participate (if you can call it that) in a discussion group. If you dislike Access/Jet so much why don't you just go away. You are not really helping anyone with your childish repetitions. I also just checked with two of the most ac...
10 12/30/2008 10:27:34 PM
help with subform behaving strange
Help!!! I have an Access2003 db with a form called "frmEditAppointment" that has a subform called "frmServicesBooked". The form "frmEditAppointment" has information about an appointment and the subform "frmServicesBooked" is a datasheet used to select service, and enter qty, rate etc... When the user selects a service from the combobox a field txtColorID is populated with column(4)...
1 12/30/2008 9:52:59 PM
Showing Switchboard Upon Startup
Hello. When I choose the startup option it does not give me the selection to have the switchboard appear upon startup. I have a switchboard created and it's in the Switchboard Pages section, but I cannot select it for the startup feature. Please help! -Emily...
4 12/30/2008 9:44:43 PM
Copy from one user form to another
Hello, I have a question about something I never did before so please be sure to simplify answer if this is possible. I have a User Form we'll call it Construction Loans User Form which has the usual basic information like Date, Customer Name, Address, City, Zip and so forth. There is a Word from this group uses for Construction loans that has some of the fields I have on the databas...
5 12/30/2008 9:19:39 PM
Marthas New Email
Sorry about this Mark, but I had to delete Martha's old email settings, I know you had sent her an email, but I deleted the old account before forwarding it on, anyway at least you have this account address now, will set her up a messenger account soon ...
2 12/30/2008 9:03:44 PM
check out a record
Our switchboard allows for 3 views. Button 1 allows you to create a record. Button 2 allows you to view records that require ordering (missing order number) and Button 3 allows you to view all records (orders with or without order number). Multiple associates can be placing orders at the same time. When entering Button 2, is there anyone to "check out" one record at a time so that mul...
2 12/30/2008 8:59:35 PM
Letter
Is it possible to create a form letter in access. I would like to pull information from a query & plug it into a letter, Is this possible?...
5 12/30/2008 8:58:09 PM
limit dropdown contents in entry forms
I ‘m creating a database to keep records for people who attend different classes , so I have a class table(date,ID,type,…) also people table(ID,Name,LastName,…) and a third table which has a combined primary key of Class+People and a few more data like attendance code. I have created three forms to enter data in each table, so user should create people table, then a class, and at t...
2 12/30/2008 8:48:54 PM
How do I reset a query?
I have a table with a field filled by running a query through a combo box. On the click, it opens up a dialog box for the user to enter a number that should return a value from another table. This works fine if you only enter one record. When you move to the next record and click in that particular box, the Query does not run again and the list in the combo box shows the previous valu...
3 12/30/2008 8:16:34 PM
A simple question
Hi everybody, I have created three tables and three forms to populate those tables but when I use those forms to enter data tables dont update immediately ,and I nned to close the data base and open it again to update the recently entered records? I'm new in Access so please give a hint. -- Best regards, Edward...
4 12/30/2008 7:44:07 PM
Tutorial
Is there a site where I can get information about the changes from Access 2003 to 2007? More advanced applications. I've just upgraded and the tutorials that come with the program are not giving me the answers I need. I would appreciate any input. -- Ronnie...
5 12/30/2008 7:31:01 PM
I need some help
Hi everybody, I’m new in Access 2007 so sorry if Im asking a very basic question. I want to create a database that will keep track of some training sessions and people who have attended the class. I have created a table which keeps the info for people, a second table which holds the info for each training class ( date, type, instructor,…). The idea is to create people record and then ...
4 12/30/2008 6:12:03 PM
Stop a default 'print'
I am using the DoCmd.OutputTo acOutputreport on a button on a form. Whe you use the DoCmd command with a report the default is that it always wants to print the report as well as doing the command. Can I stop it printing? Thanks Neal...
2 12/30/2008 5:46:40 PM
HELLO
3 12/30/2008 5:16:46 PM
List Box
I have a list box that is tied to a query. I want to use the list box (not a combo drop down box) but be able to also type free text in the field if needed. Do I need to change a property setting? When I try to type in the list box it only allows me to select from the options, not type....
3 12/30/2008 5:06:32 PM
Generating Serialized Numbers
OK here is the situation. I need to be able to generate a list of numbers based on a quantity and item number. For example: User says I have 2 of item ABC the system should give out XX0001 and XX0002 next time 2 of item ABC the system should give out XX0003 and XX0004 I want it to keep these issued numbers in a table. I tried a while loop but I think there is something wrong... If anyo...
22 12/30/2008 5:04:02 PM
Sent Items Folder
Can Someone Please HELP ME!! When I send an e-mail out, a copy is stored in my "Sent Items" folder. This is great! But the next day, the "Sent Items" folder is empty. Is there a way of keeping my sent items longer? I would like to be the one to empty out my "Sent Items" folder when I feel I no longer need them. If this involves making a "rule"....I don't understand how to do that eit...
2 12/30/2008 4:09:17 PM
prevent subform data until main form has data
I have a form (tProject) with a subform (tDeliverable). How can I prevent the subform from having data entered before the main form has data? Currently. If user skips the data in the main form and just enters the data in the subform, the data does not have the IDs linked. When user tries to find the record, he/she is unable because the main form ID was never created, only the sub...
3 12/30/2008 3:58:32 PM
HELLO
1 12/30/2008 3:29:02 PM
1410 Pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  17  18  19  20  21  22  23  24  25  26  27  28  29  30  >>  

Home | Search | Terms | Imprint Contact
Newsgroups Reader - provided by WiredBox.Net